Summer camping booked South of france.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marriedblonde

Reaction score
Not one for hiding from a dead line....

I have booked 2 weeks camping in the south of france. Booked a serviced pitch at Le Champs Blanc.

The longest the we and the family have camped for is 5 days, what could go wrong.

Camper Jam is my debut for poppy after the resto and then 3 weeks later off to france.

Wish me luck.

I've been looking at France
How long do you expect to be driving
For! I take it from Calais?

Geordie

geordie said:
I've been looking at France
How long do you expect to be driving
For! I take it from Calais?

Geordie

Calais down to the campsite is about 650 miles. A lot of it is on toll roads so the plan is to do it over 2 days and stay just over half way and have a bit of an adventure along the way. See a bit of sleepy france.

If my bus isn't ready I will be taking the ML, load it up, hit the tolls and do it in one hit :)

But in the bus 6 hours each day in the bus spread out over the day.

J.

When Kirsty & I went through France we stayed in a place called Arnay-le-duc it's a small very French town it's a superb campsite with pool, lake with beach short walk from town which is small. Take a look on google maps if it's on route would recommend it. Lots of Dutch & German people which is always a good sign and very friendly....this is the name I just copied from google maps. It's south west of Dijon...Camping Municipal Nn Salle Omnisports

You will love it, it's our best holiday we've had to date although we done it in a T25 multivan with tdi conversion which wasn't without its problems, I may add. I wrote a diary every night and Kirsty & I still laugh at some of instalments now!!! Enjoy...

Thats some drive J
Would love to do it. I mean that's the
point of having one! good on ya

I'm in northwest so would be a huge
Drive! Trying to plan it out and hoping
The bus is ready too!

Bay-low71 said:
When Kirsty & I went through France we stayed in a place called Arnay-le-duc it's a small very French town it's a superb campsite with pool, lake with beach short walk from town which is small. Take a look on google maps if it's on route would recommend it. Lots of Dutch & German people which is always a good sign and very friendly....this is the name I just copied from google maps. It's south west of Dijon...Camping Municipal Nn Salle Omnisports

You will love it, it's our best holiday we've had to date although we done it in a T25 multivan with tdi conversion which wasn't without its problems, I may add. I wrote a diary every night and Kirsty & I still laugh at some of instalments now!!! Enjoy...

We are planning on staying in a hotel on the way down and not camp, not sure I fancy unpacking and packing for one night. Ok so I think my Mrs wants one last night in a real bed :)

I'll look up the town though and see if I can persuade her! thanks for the heads up.

J.

geordie said:
Thats some drive J
Would love to do it. I mean that's the
point of having one! good on ya

I'm in northwest so would be a huge
Drive! Trying to plan it out and hoping
The bus is ready too!

yer... You're only young once right? And I am no longer young so going to give it a go. 300 miles a day in a bus has got to be doable I hope!!!!

I'm Southampton so about 2.5 hours from the channel tunnel, we did think about going over on a ferry but portsmouth to le harve is just over 4 hours and I think the kids would go insane on a boat for that long.

Although we could do the night crossing Thursday night with a cabin...

good idea stopping in a hotel/B&B on the way down it's knackering if you've got to put up the awning etc then take it down just for one night.

Depends whether your kids are old enough to be able to do it all for you, while you give the orders from your chair! :lol:

I wish Mike! My boy is 7 and you ask him to do something he takes 2 steps, sees something shiny and is distracted. My Daughter is 3 and is a little princess :)

My wifes not much help either, is quite happy to stand around, prompt the kids to laugh at daddy struggling :0)

J.

I think it will be marmite Shaun. :) We are all looking forward to it and the site looks lovely.

Its not out first choice as it was fully booked. But Claire wanted one with our own toilet/shower/wash up area. A lot of the sites in france seem to offer it along with 10mx10m pitches.

The one we wanted to go to was fully booked - http://www.campingledauphin.com/camping-in-argeles-sur-mer/campsite-argeles.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The one we have booked is: http://www.campingleschampsblancs.com/content/fr/accueil/61/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

J.

Good luck with this.

Me and the Mrs are planning our first trip abroad in our van this year, we are heading off in April, across to Holland then Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Maybe Hungry, Maybe Croatia, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium and back to the UK either via Holland or France... We have 5 months to do it in so hopefully wont be putting in any 300mile stints but I would say 300 miles is doable in a day....

Have you got some spares to take, just in case? I'm trying to get a list together for our trip but I'm told all the spares we need (most common problems) should fit in a shoe box...

Just remember to take some spares espesh if your van is RHD - as rhd specific things like cables etc could be a show stopper.
I done SW France a couple of years back from Glasgow and it was one of the best holidays Ive ever had sure the driving takes its toll but once you get where your going its awesome plus the reception you'll get in the bus makes it all worth while.
I'm doing 3 weeks in the Basque country end of July /August prob head back up to france for a few days
, bus holidays are amazing
Good luck

Tjdixon said:
Good luck with this.

Me and the Mrs are planning our first trip abroad in our van this year, we are heading off in April, across to Holland then Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Maybe Hungry, Maybe Croatia, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium and back to the UK either via Holland or France... We have 5 months to do it in so hopefully wont be putting in any 300mile stints but I would say 300 miles is doable in a day....

Have you got some spares to take, just in case? I'm trying to get a list together for our trip but I'm told all the spares we need (most common problems) should fit in a shoe box...

5 month holiday? Nice!

As for spares not thought about it yet, my vans in a million pieces so I'll see what bits I have left over from stripping it and stick them in a box :)

Marriedblonde said:
Tjdixon said:
Good luck with this.

5 month holiday? Nice!

As for spares not thought about it yet, my vans in a million pieces so I'll see what bits I have left over from stripping it and stick them in a box :)

Yeah, I'm hoping it will be amazing and the van behaves itself.... Its not a Holiday as I'm not being paid but my company have / will be keeping my job open 8) which is good...

So far my list of spares include;

Bulbs / Fuses etc
Clutch / Accelerator Cables plus a few associated items
Fuel Filter
Fuel Hose
Points / Spark Plugs / Distributor (I have an electronic ignition so may buy a complete spare? or can I buy the internals?)
Various Fixings, clips, screws bolts, cloth tape, wire off cuts.

I'm sure I have more and need more, this is off the top of my head...

Latest posts