Supporting the engine!!!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricktop

Reaction score
Hi

I'm finally going to remove the engine from my van this weekend for the first time as I think the oil cooler is leaking, has anybody got any tips on how to support the engine on a normal trolley jack? the Bentley manual mentions a special support which holds the engine onto the jack :?:

Cheers in advance

Me too. As soon as you've managed to pull it away from the clutch bellhousing of the gearbox and the input shaft, lower it down slowly while steadying it.

Flat bit of ply about 300mm x 300mm to protect the drain plate. Get the jack under the drain plate the engine balances about this point. One hand on top of the fan shroud and pull the jack and the fan towards you and it sould slide off the input shaft ok.
The pull as far back as it will go and let the jack down to the lowest and it sould roll out the back with a bit of manuvering.

I have a flat bit of ply with 4 wheels on each corner, I jack this up under the engine, when i lower the engine and ply the engine is sat on a little trolly that can be rolled away :)

just bought a motorbike jack/stand from machinemart for £50 makes the job a breeze solo.

I've got a hydraulic quad bike paddock stand for mine. Raises up high enough to work on the motor too :D

Latest posts