system of a down

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about

Clash of the Titans (Wembley 199?)

Slayer
Testament
Suicidal Tendencies
Megadeth (I think)

Far to much head banging when I was younger. Brain cells still not replaced themselves. \m/

Try these. Riot is my fav at the mo
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2148513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^^^1991 or 1992

I was at the NEC for that tour - awesome!

It was indeed Megadeth (classic lineup - Friedman and Menza)

Not sure if it was Testament though, Thought i'd only seen them once back in '87 supporting Anthrax.

Greatest show ever........

Suicidal Tendencies - Newport Centre. 1992? The most brutal pit I have ever been in, forget the mordern day kack and wall of death rubbish - I thought I was gonna die.!
Also after the show - Mike Muir and the rest of the band used the pool at the centre - All gang tattoos and bandanas playing on the tube slide! nuts!

Metal gives me eargasms!

Can't remember what tour it was but saw Slayer at the Manchester Apollo in 1989 (think it was then)

A friends dad knew someowho worked there and we got front row tickets. To say I shit my pants when they came on was an understatement as what seemed like hundreds of hairy bikers stormed the front.

Great concert though.

How about

Clash of the Titans (Wembley 199?)

Slayer
Testament
Suicidal Tendencies
Megadeth (I think)

Far to much head banging when I was younger. Brain cells still not replaced themselves. \m/

I saw Clash of the Titans at the NEC - awesome show. It was Testament and Megadeth. We used to go there loads from Sheffield for the thrash gigs. Saw loads of good gigs up in Bradford and at Nottingham Rock City too. Sepultura at Manchester Apollo rocked too :D
This thread requires moshing smilies!

music-smiley-005.gif

music-smiley-011.gif

Who remembers a tour with Metallica, Anthrax, Maiden

Saw them at Wembley. Can't remember the tour name but was a cracking gig. It must have been the last of the Justice for all.

Wow this is a great thread with loads of memories flooding back

First ever gig was Onslaught
2nd Nuclear Assault
3rd Death
4th Forbidden

Ouch my brain now hurts. Can't remember much more.

^^^ Shit I don't remeber that one! That would've been huge!

I remember Metallica had Anthrax in support for the Master of Puppets tour '85/'86 - they got banned from St Davids Hall in Cardiff 'cos everyone ripped off the seat covers and were throwing them around! :twisted:

But AndyandVic, now we are into memories!

Onslaught - Power from Hell! They've just released a new album - not bad either!
Nuclear Assault - Hang the Pope, Hang the Pope!
Death - Chuck Schuldiner RIP - Amazing musician and composer.
Forbidden - Unsung heroes of the Bay Area scene - talk of them reforming is rife but without Paul Bostaph on Drums which would be a crying shame.

Right I'm off to get my 'lifes a beach' boardshorts, Nike hightops and leather biker jacket and mosh it up!

Word is out that AC/DC are headlining Slane this year, 120,000 people will be rockin out!

AC/DC's new single was on Planet Rock the other day, sounds like they have still got it! I remember them at Donnington when they headlined in 91 or 94 not sure?, they had 21 guns all arcoss the top of the stage for a salute at the end of the gig! Was sooo cool, even though i couldn't see to well through my drunken eyes :p

Yesterdaynight I went to the Volbeat concert in Amsterdam. It was really awesome! Think of Johnny Cash meets Metallica. :twisted: Support act was Stuck Mojo, very cool too.

Love, love , love System of a Down!!
Have big family sing alongs in the car, SOD up load, us two headbanging away in the front like something out of waynes world the kids singing along in the back :lol: we don't get many funny looks :mrgreen:
Music like that is why we have to make sure speakers won't blow our radio when we put it in :wink:
TURN IT UP, TURN IT UP LOUD!!!!!

warwick71 said:
Love, love , love System of a Down!!
Have big family sing alongs in the car, SOD up load, us two headbanging away in the front like something out of waynes world the kids singing along in the back :lol: we don't get many funny looks :mrgreen:
Music like that is why we have to make sure speakers won't blow our radio when we put it in :wink:
TURN IT UP, TURN IT UP LOUD!!!!!

8)

I saw Motorhead in the eighties.
In the middle of the front row with all these long-haired bikers and angels in leather jackets and cutoff Levi jackets was me with an M1-A flight jacket and a shaved head. My two jitter mates who were with me thought I was insane.
I have the honour of being gobbed on by Lemmy :mrgreen:

Saw Motorhead a couple of years ago, best concert EVER!!! but then I say that after every concert I go to :lol: They were real gentlemen, obviously grown out of the spitting phase :roll: they were the best band i've seen for interacting with the crowd, uber cool 8)
Lemmy has just got it going on :mrgreen: I try very hard not to find him sexy, reminds me too much of my misspent youth that I really should move on from, but MAN those tight trousers!!! :shock: :oops:
I am a girl by the way, before you all reel back in horror :lol:

A friend of mine puts on rock nights at pubs in Tunbridge Wells. A couple of weeks ago we went along to one and i requested Chop Suey early on but he hit the wrong button and played Prison Song...so later he played Chop Suey as well.

Also had completely forgotten about Drowning Pool 'Bodies'... awesome song.
Hadn't heard Deftones for ages either.

Latest posts