T2d. What a rip off.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monkiboy said:
pinstriper said:
£300 quid these days sounds like cut'n turn money.....

had my bus lowered by T2D .....4 INCH narrowed beam with adjusters...drop ball joint spindles...narrowed track control arms...tracking and alignment, adjustable coilover shocks
rear...adjustable spring plates, shorter travel shocks........tested and driven by t2d [ so it was'nt done in a day]

it has since done 50,000 km throughout europe....heavily loaded with precious cargo...kids, dogs....bikes, [sometimes at 80mph ...without kids :D ] everyone who has got behind the wheel says its one of the nicest buses they have ever driven.....for me I'd look elsewhere in my budget to save money, you do get what you pay for ;)

The voice of reason ;)
I've spent the last 5 years redoing and paying for t2d shit to be put right. Really? Joint a whole wiring loom back together with crimps. And the list goes on and on. Had to junk my interier as was fitted on top of oil and grease front wheel nearly came off as wrong wheel nuts fitted

Sorry but I had my mrs and kid in that with two wobbly front wheels obviously changed them too

Got totally ripped off with my hydros fit ended up twice over budget and couldn't do fuck all as the van was in bits
Type two disaster
At least it's all sorted know

Ive read a few of your posts on here, you certainly come across as a t2d hater in everything, yet still bought a vito off them

The people that put it all right ......they did'nt fit it all orginally as employees did they?? I'd be genuinely interested to know

i dont like t2d there you go... and no not all was rectified by whom you talk about i dont understand is that we are not allowed to raise or give an opinion, unless its good. and as for the vito, they owned it but didnt do the work on it as it was mr balls work van really also i swopped a passat for it so i didnt loose or make out of it, it was a van that served a purpose, you are very well informed about my life i must say.
if you had lost the amount of money or time dealing with somebody would you still jump around and say they are great, no.

oh and on the final piont if you and your kid were in a vehicle with the wrong wheel bolts fitted going up the motorway at 60 and the front wheeels nearly fall off what would you opinion be esp seeing as the job cost twice as much as everywhere else.

im sure there are people out there with a different view and i respect that like my view should also be respected, its not a rant its based on fact and on more than one occasion.

jth.

Jth... I understand you have grievances etc, they may be valid, I just feel you are offering an unbalanced view on t2d, especially since the guy that engineered it originally at t2d is the guy that worked on it to put most of it right..... Blog evidence suggests that to be the case.
Matt did the Vito whist at t2d I'm pretty sure, my point is you trust him now but not while he was at t2d?

Buying a ground breaking bus, a heavily engineered and modified bus... a kind of work in process bus is bound to throw up problems, as it's pioneering stuff, if you had bought a modestly lowered bus from them with tried tested methods I'd understand.

I'm pretty sure they lowered your bus without body dropping it, the preferred method in radical buses to maintain better drive ability.
I'm not sure I'd ever want to use something so rad as family transport, but that's your call, have you fitted 3 point seat belts to do all you can to ensure safety?
I can only speak from experience, and even when I've had small shock bottoming out problems they have been keen to rectify them, I'm trying to present a more balanced view... However I don't quibble about their prices if I feel I need their expertise

By the way, I'm only as informed about your life... In that your very public about it on the internet.... " the lady doth protest too much..methinks"

Fair view point taken

Ps love ha work fells.

And also my bus is worked on by me mostly these days however if it's ajob that I haven't got the time or skills from then yep It does go to a garage , yep you right it's mega radical for a family bus but if you know how to treat its its as good as stocker does 5-6 k a year , does have a few battle scares underneath which need sorting yearly ie modify the exhaust etc replace the engine skid plate and newly fabbed engine bar. Did look into body drop but as its fine as is now let's leave it that way .

If people want to go to a garage that's thier call. My mates been to t2d and had no bother and v pleased , I will say that if you book a job into t2d with certain timeframe its Norma
Ly done in that time so there a plus for t2d , I've had other friends not to pleased but that's that

Mixed bag ,

Nth

End of the story ps. If you wanna sign our van pm me fella

I think this topic has run its course now and hopefully everyone has put there POV across.

I'll lock it now, if thats ok. Lets have some happy vibes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts