Table size...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingoffalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have got to the point where I have finished my R&R installation and am looking for a table. I initially thought that I wanted a full width table - so a similar width to the full-width R&R, but have realized that it would need to be taken down and stored somewhere when the R&R was made into a bed (and possibly for transit if there were rear passengers)

I have looked on line and all the tables I have seen seem to be about 1/2 width - I'm guessing that this is so it can fold against the far side, about 75cm.

Has anyone seen or made a wider table and found somewhere to store it?

Some conversions stored them in the headbanger overhead locker at the rear of the bus. I seem to remember one that just slipped into two sliders I’m thinking just below the bottom of the headbanger and almost became the bottom of the unit. Are you sure you want a table? I have a pack up ally / plastic one that also has four seats as part of it and I park that in the gazebo where I can trip over it when absolutely bolloxed usually the first Friday and Saturday night of every event I ever have been to. I reckon if I had a table, it would end up on the fire on a cold styleee night.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,takes up a lot of space! :mrgreen:

Its pretty hard to argue against the Westfalia design. Hinged against the side of the van for easy storage and quick erection. Wide enough to get three or four people around and not be over imposing. A full width table is overkill and means you cant easily get out of the van when its up/in place.

External tables are all well and good, but not much fun if you don't have an awning up, its raining, or you are on a quick stop. My daughter also spent hours drawing, crayoning, watching dvd's on road trips using the table ... wouldn't have been without it.

Clem said:
Its pretty hard to argue against the Westfalia design. Hinged against the side of the van for easy storage and quick erection. Wide enough to get three or four people around and not be over imposing. A full width table is overkill and means you cant easily get out of the van when its up/in place.

External tables are all well and good, but not much fun if you don't have an awning up, its raining, or you are on a quick stop. I spent hours drawing and crayoning using the table ... wouldn't have been without it.

Fixed that for you, Clem.

sparkywig said:
Clem said:

External tables are all well and good, but not much fun if you don't have an awning up, its raining, or you are on a quick stop. I spent hours drawing and crayoning using the table ... wouldn't have been without it.

Fixed that for you, Clem.

I wasn't allowed anything sharp though! :lol:

Revisiting the table design after making my buddy seat. I've realized that I need to be able to unclip the table to store it at the side of the buddy seat so I can fold out the R&R.

Can anyone recommend a clip on rail or something to support the edge of the table?

Have a look on the camper interiors website. I am pretty sure they will have a "click in" aluminium trim that fixes to the edge of the table and then the female part to the side panel. It sort of locks together a bit like laminate flooring if you have ever fitted any.
I have this in my original devon interior and it works great, very secure and simple.

Kev

Latest posts