Talk about boxes ??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evening all, I`ve just started a new job and am loving I to bits apart from the fact that I have to carry so many blinking `samples` in my car. The boot is full up and the back seat is full up (C class Merc). Now part of my new job is measuring up and fitting curtains :shock: :? :shock: Yes curtains, in houses etc. Now I`ve got three tiny curtains as samples about four foot by four foot and I fold them neatly and put them in a plastic bag along with spare hooks and tape measures and pamphlets etc etc etc. What I`m looking for and asking you guys for a bit of help with is this,, I`d like a small plastic box to put all this in when I go to peeps houses, but I`d like to be able to stand on this box to measure and fit from so that I don`t have to carry some steps as well. I`m thinking of something about the size of a beer crate or a Coca Cola crate that I can use as a hop up. I`ve got loads of step ladders etc but mostly too big, but I want it to look professional and not like a plastic box with a little piece of ply on top. Now I know I`ve seen something like this but I can`t think where it was, I got a funny feeling that Stanley did something along these lines, and above all it must look and stay clean ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Any ideas folks :?: :?: :idea: :?: :?:

Hey mate - could you not carry a metal hop up with you http://www.screwfix.com/p/hop-up-work-platform-aluminium/44555" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you are up and down a lot i think it would be a lot better than a tool box! I have a stanley box in my van which you can stand on , but they are not very high and being a window fitter i know that some curtains are way up there!!i get your storage probs but do feel you need a good platform to work from ;)

Youve prob looked but some boxes here http://www.screwfix.com/c/tools/toolboxes/cat831374#category=cat831374&page_size=20&page_start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes mate, I`m looking looking and looking some more, I just haven`t got space, so anything that can be dual purpose most of the time will be great as it`s only for measuring and like you say, when I got some long ones to hang, I`ll have to magic up something to make space in the car. If it all goes well, then it might be new motor time :p :p :p Or maybe an Early panel with a Scooby lump to pop about in :lol: I got three or four sets of serious steps, but I won`t get them in the car, the pain is it`s the first time in years that I have a saloon and not a hatchy or an estate. Anything 300mm and under , I might as well have one of them fold up little plastic steps as they don`t take up any room and would even go under the seat, but I was looking for something a bit higher like a beer crate or suchlike. Maybe a set of stilts :roll: But we all know how clumsy I am ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I don`t want to make one :mrgreen:

http://www.protrade.co.uk/gb/Maxitek_Step-Boxx_Hop-Up__and__Tool_Box/STEPBOXXTB_.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had one like this but I think it had more storage

I like that one paul q. I could almost use it upside down and just use the hop up bit. If I can`t find one taller, then this may have to do for the time being. But you know what happens if you use something upside down don`t you,, sooner or later I`ll forget to lock it and Kaaaaaaaboooshhh all over the floor. :lol: I`m laughing now,, but not if it happens to me :cry:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Could this be the excuse for wearing high heels :shock: :? :shock: ,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

what about the this http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/coleman-5qt-camping-coolbox-p109646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That,,,, Rich me old mate,,, is exactly the type of thing that I`m looking for,, exactly. Now I need to find it in an eighteen inch height or a little more maybe and strong enough to carry a rather substantial sort of person whilst doing a pirouette and wiggling about when putting up aforementioned curtains, big enough to carry my curtains and measuring stuff too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, But not big enough to carry a couple of Stellas,, No No No no no no ! :p :lol: :mrgreen:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stacking-Heavy-Duty-Commercial-Plastic-Euro-Storage-Box-Military-Army-Land-Rover-/291655773651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mate have a look at these. Awesome bits of kit and if you are passing Cardiff you can have a couple for nothing. Or buy one from eBay.
They come with lids

The link may not work but also attached the item number

Now that looks like the answer, I`m liking the jumbo ones about 16 to 18 inches high, and they comes with lids. You reckon they will take my sylph like frame ? (about 15 to 16 stone )

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Brillyunt!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts