Thaus spindles & monroe air shocks!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat duk

Reaction score
Hi guys are any of you running Transporterhaus spindles and Monroe MA803 air shocks! and what do you think of the ride quality and handling. I am currently waiting on some spindles from cool air if they ever come into stock!(ive been waiting for nearly 2 months)

I have read on here that the monroe ma803 shocks are good for the front and at £105 a pair from the uk is much better than crap coilovers!! and a bit cheaper than the gaz coilovers which i know are good but cost is an issue at the moment, also have any of you got monroe shocks from the usa as they look cheaper but not sure of delivery times as i am away in cornwall from the middle of august and would like it done before then.

thanks

I think shipping them from the US will be your biggest problem mate.
Lots of people are running the combination you have suggested my understanding is they work ok.

Dont forget you need to cost in the cost of a compressor etc if you are running the monroes so the more expensive Gaz dampers coilovers fall into the same sort of price range

Hi Graham, I was planning to inflate the shocks using the compressor I already have at home and then if needs be I can inflate at a petrol station tyre machine jobby!

Just ou of curiosity how much are gaz shocks and springs delivered!

fat duk said:
Hi Graham, I was planning to inflate the shocks using the compressor I already have at home and then if needs be I can inflate at a petrol station tyre machine jobby!

Just ou of curiosity how much are gaz shocks and springs delivered!

That's not really how they are designed to work, the connections on the side of the dampers are designed to be run off a compressor on board allowing you to adjust when needed, you would need to fabricate some adapters for use at a petrol station.

Monroe's will inflate with standard schreider (check spelling)valve, problem is you won't get 120-130psi from a garage tyre pump which is what you really need to run at. A cheap 12v compressor from maplin works fine until you break it like me. I now use a 2nd hand discovery pump which is fast, cost between £10-100 on eBay obviously I'm cheap so mine was about £10. I do have different fittings now but the maplin pump is fine.

Ok radish thats what i was wondering if they can be inflated with a normal tyre type valve!! how often do you need to adjust the pressure when your out on a trip for example a 2 week holiday is the longest time i will be away from home

Also do you have to use an adapter as graham has mentioned or does the shock have the standard type valve built into it

You may need some, do a search see what others have done with that model. I can't remember what I have but one set came with a hose kit and the ones for the rear I have did have a strange fitting so I welded some threaded tube so I can fit push fit air fittings.

Latest posts