The 1968 Riviera project from EeVeeWee

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today an exciting moment, after the ice box was taken out off the cabinet, I put the jigsaw in the top. Furthermore I tried the fitting of the new refrigerator and sink, with also the water tank in place. It all just fits.

Koelbox1_zpshl91v2hg.jpg

Wasbak2_zpsptfbchje.jpg

Wasbak5_zpsjsd1uocj.jpg

Wasbak6_zps15wzm7nl.jpg

In the same cabinet I placed two 230 V sockets, two USB sockets and cigarette lighter socket. Also a 12V switch with indicator for the fridge.
I built in a relay that automatically switches off the 12 V supply of the refrigerator when 230 V supply is live. Also I will put a pump in the water tank, operated by the water tap in the sink.
It was quite a fun together: mrgreen:

Relais%20koelkast2_zpsn5foepma.jpg

Stopcontacten%20kastje5_zpsx9spybao.jpg

Stopcontacten%20kastje7_zpskhs7xoti.jpg

Today a nice moment, I finished the cabinet with sink and fridge.
Now I have a refrigerator operating at 12 V or 230 V and a tap with pump operating at 12 V.
Furthermore 4 times 230 V sockets, interior lighting 12 V, 2 cigarette lighter sockets and 2 USB power points. So this project with the installation of 12 V and 230 V circuits is finished.
Also, the voltmeters of the household and starter batteries are now working, both batteries are well filled :mrgreen:

kast%20wasbakampkoelkast15_zpshqywvkjw.jpg

Wasbak10_zpsgy9ocnym.jpg

Voltmeters%20vol_zpsqj98ton1.jpg

Today i had to made two large investments but it was worth it :)
First I picked up the bus at Bus Brothers, where they did some adjustments and repairs.
First of all they loosened all the ball joints of the steering mechanism which were pressed much too tight and the mounted them in the right way. Two had to be renewed.
The steering damper was functioning very hard and is also renewed, then the car is realigned.
Further on, the ignition is adjusted, it was found that the sparking was much too early and the mechanical device to get the ignition earlier with higher revs (I don't know the English word) did not work at all.
This is disassembled and was heavily corroded. So, it is cleaned and it could be made functioning again.
Also, a part in the (revised) carburetor was not installed properly so the fuel spurted in all directions but not in the right place. It has been renewed and adjusted. The valves also had to be readjusted, because they were much too tight.
Altogether, more than 11 hours of work and the necessary new parts mounted.
But on the way back home I have driven with a grin because for the first time I could drive relaxed without having to correct the steering all the time. The engine does idle beautiful now and has much more torque than before.

Then I brought back the borrowed chair to Mister Sam to pick up my new door panels and my re-upholstered chairs. These are truly beautiful now! They are now partially covered with the same fabric as the rest of the interior.
Soon, I will take the bus on the road finally :mrgreen:

Bus%20Brothers1_zpsqp9t1km5.jpg

Deur%20rechts4_zpsc2kcbzih.jpg

Deur%20rechts5_zpssjtaoa5i.jpg

Old:

IMG_1356_zps3949cfb9.jpg

New:

Stoelen%20bekleed2_zps6rshngtd.jpg

Stoelen%20bekleed1_zps0jte8lf8.jpg

Today I replaced an nasty cabinet panel with one made of plywood covered which I covered with natural oak veneer. For me it is the first time I do something like this, but I'm satisfied with the result.

Paneel%20kast1_zpsoqb4qvgk.jpg

Paneel%20kast2_zpsnwikkqkj.jpg

Paneel%20kast3_zpsarku94i9.jpg

Paneel%20kast4_zpsv2zlz6om.jpg

Since yesterday I also have a Split bus from 1967.
Nice to see it next to my Early Bay with quite a similar back and complete different front. :mrgreen:

Grotefoto-48UFBIRT.jpg

Grotefoto-M4OI3V7P.jpg

Latest posts