the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its time to take up the "bang bus" story were ash left off ive had her for about 8 weeks now and its time to start the work,

ill post some pics when i have worked out how

I am genuinely happy to be reading this :D

have a look in here mate
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/baz1875/?action=view&current=4d6643e8-803a-36db.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am the big bloke on the right and jesus on the left is my mate and mechanic rob, yes the van is low but yes i am massive....

4d6643e8-803a-36db.jpg

so glad it's in good hands 8) you must bang your head ........... alot, the bus has big tubs :lol:
edit: that beard's fucking amazing!

mate its sound to drive the work you have done on the ride is sweet, its just had nothing done to it since you sold it so ive got a few things to get on top of like the rust etc but should be sound once i get going , i have just order a stainless exhaust of Till on here so that will be the first addition along with removing the heat exchangers, and some new gaskets blah blah. it may not be an historic resto bus with all original bits but fuck me its cool as.

we both have been growing the beards for a year for charity (2months to go) but his has just gone mad ha ha

rides real nice for how low it is, I drove it 10hrs back from Ninove to home only stopping for fuel didn't miss a beat :D I sold it with 12 months MOT for really good price as it would need rust work for it's next MOT, hope you got it for a good price dude. So glad its back in good hands.
for mates beard is pretty full on for 2 months :shock: I did a 3 month beard and wasn't that good :D

nar its been 10 months 2 to go :lol: i paid 7k for her which i still dont now if it is hi or not .. you might be able to help me actually if you dont mind :D with the new exhaust i need to let the guy know what type of engine it is and if i am running heat risers i have no plans to run twin carbs and am replacing the heat exchangers with j-tubes would i still need to run the risers. sorry to be cheeky but finding the right info can be quite hard when your on your first bus

it's a 1600 twin port with a single carb , it's has heat exchanger but there do fuck all so change them for j tubes if you want, but the engine and carb run real well so i wouldn't change them, unless you want a fast engine. I sold it with full MOT for £6750, but comes round goes around

feel free to ask me as many questions as you want Baz, i'll always do my best to answer, if you don't want to ask on here my number is 07870 385656 :D

Ash, so glad the bang bus lives on!

sweet as mate cheers

the bus felt like the right one to buy so ok some may argue i might have got a rust free project blah blah for that money but the bang bus has got bags of character and im so glad i bought her.

Im away in her this weekend and at big bang next weekend but after that and the MOT work i might pop up to derby one saturday so you can see how im teating the old girl.

baz :D

4d6643e8-14a9-81fc.jpg
her she is "the bang bus" on our first very cold/wet camping trip.... Lessons learnt ready for big bang

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mnkrob" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So with the MOT looming and holes appearing every where its time to pull my finger out get stripping ready for the wielding to begin and a good excuse to put my stamp on things.
DSCF0875.jpg
DSCF0865.jpg

also found water under the sound proofing so it all had to come up (not that easy)

DSCF0859.jpg
DSCF0860.jpg
DSCF0870.jpg
DSCF0881.jpg

With the bus away getting its rusty bits sorted... I've not had much to do so being bored I thought I might as well keep up the tradition on this bus and paint something.... So here it is my the golden horn.....
b26b0470-1729-f3cb.jpg

If it stands still long enough it will get rattle canned

I thought you might :) I doubt this will be the last thing that gets rattled not now I know there's a graffiti paint shop in brum ha ha

Not a great photo but it started raining major progress has been begun on the body work thanks to paul and the lads at retro 2 restos let's hope it's enough to please the MOT man...
4d666987-e69f-40df.jpg

Latest posts