the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at the mo im hoping to get it done this week :shock: ive got a poxy wedding on the saturday night so depends how my head is on sunday it would be good to put some faces to names. :lol:

just got sent a picture of the exhaust nearly complete should get it soon :party0049:

bazexhaust001.jpg

as my first ever attempt at sorting out rust i went for the tow bar , i spent ages rubbing it down with sand paper and trying to scrape off muck with old screw drives etc then ''MY Mate" says use one of these. :evil:
15cfc8b5.jpg

to cut along story short i spent most of the time chasing the grinder around the garage floor while it destroyed things :oops: i finally got the hang of it and cracked on and eventually got somewhere.
53387c57.jpg

with a little matt black things are starting to look ok.
c60de3b0.jpg

slow progress but at least its progress :lol:

There has been limited progress on the bus in the last few weeks due to the weather blah blah but some small things are moving along nicely like the towbar/bike rack thingy...... Test fitted it last night and I'm pretty pleased with how it's looking
5189f186-bea4-ab97.jpg

5189f186-becc-b365.jpg

dubscum said:
The old girl :)

this a long shot but when you had her did she have the micro bus rear bench seat in if so i dont suppose you still have it and would fancy selling it to me by any chance :D sorry :D or being so cheeky

I want to put a full fixed bench in the front and thought it was worth an ask before i start hunting :msn4:

dubscum said:
i don't think I kept the rear seat, I have a look in the barn though, just in case. I have the middle row bench seat.

Is it a 3 seater with a single seat back rest that folds forward or is it a 2 seat? if its the 3 seater would you consider selling? :D
i have a cunning plan.

this is it mate. It's a 3 seater but folds down in 2 and a single
this is it 1 piece base.
f684b9bf.jpg

6f3807b2.jpg

if you want it, you can have it, the only catch is that my daughters use it in there room as a sofa, so would need to replace it with a 2 seater sofa thing of any colour, the have a "throw" over it. If you know anyone giving one away :D

that looks spot on mate i reakon that would do the job with a bit of fettling, if your happy with the sofa deal ill get looking. :scared0016:

Latest posts