the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this ride gets the wayne and garth treatment!!!

schwing1241444602.jpg

needed a trailer board for when i take the bikes out, so made one out an old skateboard, some lights i brought for a trike i was gonna build and a cali number plate from a boot lid i had imported
013-27.jpg

015-26.jpg

016-28.jpg

017-28.jpg

019-20.jpg

004-36.jpg

this nut vibrated off and ended up inside the genorater
006-30.jpg

proper fucked the internals
007-37.jpg

008-44.jpg

tested a genorater i found in my barn with a battery charger, worked !
009-42.jpg

engine back together
010-36.jpg

011-33.jpg

working in puddles is the only way to work
012-35.jpg

013-32.jpg

always good to have bits left over after a rebuild
014-33.jpg

adolf kitler got involved again
015-29.jpg

finally got round to fitting the quick shift Graham lent me months ago
016-31.jpg

got a mile and this happened, spent an hour trying to set the carb. its fucked
017-31.jpg

found time to tag it
018-29.jpg

even made it to the shop !
019-23.jpg

you know the drill by now i get board very easily, so it was time to change the colour of my wheels again ...... baby blue or bubble gum pink ...... can you guess what it is yet ?
aircooled profiles
002-39.jpg

seen this before ?
003-36.jpg

taste the rainbow. cream, orange, brown, white ....
004-38.jpg

lado helped out again
005-40.jpg

fuck thats pink !
010-37.jpg

first thing one of sisters said when she came round was "god Ash you really are gay" then a mate popped round and he said "why the fuck have you painted your wheels pink ?" and finally i got "so when did beige and pink go together ?"
011-34.jpg

013-33.jpg

014-34.jpg

015-30.jpg

016-32.jpg

017-32.jpg

not 100% myself but look kinda cool, gonna order some new crome domes in the morning think that will sort it out

finally got a new carb, got it all fitted up
001-22.jpg

could not get it to run so took it to simon at absolute vw and he said altho new the carb was no good, so its gotta come off, but thats not the best bit on the was back my dyimo (second hand fitted 2 days ago) packed in. So its engine out time again. to cheer myself up limped it over a feild for a bit of impulse camping
003-37.jpg

007-38.jpg

011-35.jpg

015-31.jpg

i got to be far to you mate after reading your thread i dont think ive ever seen someone with a rocket up its arse as you i take my hat of to you fella
i do remember being quite the same :lol: :lol:

Hey absolutely love your Kombi and how you splash colour around.
Those wheels are really in your face....love your work.

after having the bus running for a full week it was time to drop the engine again, to fit the new / upgrade to a 75 amp altenator and while its out i'll fit the second new carb, should be receiving the altenator monday / tuesday and gsf will have the carb tomorrow: might tart the engine up while its out, nothing mechanical just colours i might get the rattle cans out i have about 5 half full cans in very different colours :msn4:

second time of taking an engine out a bus, lessons have been learned ! jacked up nice and high to work under it, chocked gearbox and a jubily clip on the fuel pipe underneather for quick release :D

019-24.jpg

Cool, so that's why it's called the bang bus :lol:
In that case mines called the 'I've got a headache bus' :lol:

swapped to an 75 amp alternator, decided to throw some colours into the engine mix while it was out. In volksworld is says an alternator change should take 4 hours labour :lol: my engine was out for nearly 2 weeks i did everything wrong :oops: i sprayed the carb stand / inlet manifold pink and orange, then when i came to fitting the brand carb it was more then fouling :x spoke to ssp (who i brought the kit from) they said just grind your alternator where it fouling :shock: so i did nearly went right through it but it was still fouling, so with my old carb i stripped it and turned the fuel pump setting key the other way round, ground a bit off the screw and finally got it to fit. Then when i fitted the alternator i used the backing plate from my genorater as it was crome, fan spun fine until the fan belt was tightened the it would catch really bad :x shimed it both ways bolted all back together and it was still not right. The crome alternator pully that came with the kit was more bent then alan carr so while i was picking up a new one from GSF i told him about all my hassle and he said you must have an beetle inlet manifold and i also needed to use the backing plate that came with the kit .... he was right, with inlet manifold and backing plate swapped it was on !
this is how it did look
014-35.jpg

this is how it stand now
028-11.jpg

029-17.jpg

even got it in for a late night jet wash :D the fan catch's the fan shroud at about 5000 rpm and makes the worse noise ever to after rtth it will have to come out again, never really worked on these before but you soon learn :lol:
017-34.jpg

018-31.jpg

adolf kitler is a very strange cat, went to work on my bus and he was asleep on my battery tray with the boot lid closed
020-26.jpg

Latest posts