the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
put back together at 21:00 on saturday brokedown 14:00 sunday ............. fail :lol: pay £36 a year might as well use them. now on 4th brand new carb and everyone has been total shit :x
005-41.jpg

Typical AA man ,He gets his water jug out.Fills your engine with water and its come flooding out of your exhaust :roll: "er its broke mate" :lol: :lol:
005-41.jpg
[/quote]
Hope you get it sorted ;)

so we were on our way to run to the hills driving through donnington when smoke started to flood out the dash :shock: lad-o was fast off in his car seat in the back, i gave the job of saving our son to my wife, while i whipped the spanner's out to save the bus :D strangley enough this all happened about 10ft away from absolutevw, so we left it there and got the daily, a few days later and part new loom, its back. Water got into a repair done in the past. Still on the hunt for a GOOD carb so the missing and back firing continues.
While looking on the AVW site i spotted someone lurking in the back, pictures stole :msn4:
1-13.jpg

1-18.jpg

not good mate, got an electrical problem, engine cut out and smoke started to flood out from behind the dash in the middle lane of a very busy dual carrage way island, 3 young kids in the back and my wife up front with me, i jumped out, grabbed my spanners and took the battery off then had to push it across the island on my own with traffic flying pass both sides. did manage to get it into the middle without getting hit, bother-in-law came and took my kids and wife to safety and i got recovered. a few people who had owned busses and a dude in a beetle stopped but recovery was on its way. 2 police cars drove past with stopping :roll: the recoverey man did say he had never had to lie on his back before to strap a car on :lol:
the first photo was taken as we left asda and led on ........
001-24.jpg

003-38.jpg

007-40.jpg

011-37.jpg

016-35.jpg

018-33.jpg

dubscum said:
not good mate, got an electrical problem, engine cut out and smoke started to flood out from behind the dash in the middle lane of a very busy dual carrage way island, 3 young kids in the back and my wife up front with me, i jumped out, grabbed my spanners and took the battery off then had to push it across the island on my own with traffic flying pass both sides. did manage to get it into the middle without getting hit, bother-in-law came and took my kids and wife to safety and i got recovered. a few people who had owned busses and a dude in a beetle stopped but recovery was on its way. 2 police cars drove past with stopping :roll: the recoverey man did say he had never had to lie on his back before to strap a car on :lol:
the first photo was taken as we left asda and led on ........

:cry: Rubbish!! I have found some loose wires on my fuse box before now, when my wipers packed in and blew the fuse. My fusebox is just hanging from the bracket, i have tied it a little out of the way, but to be honest, as the wires are very old, the brass connectors are quite fragile and brittle, and probably brake or fell off the spade and shorted out, which is why i have not shoved my fusebox right up where it should be, at least my wires are not too stressed. I rewired about 3 spade terminals as i was fixing my wiper motor, the connectors just broke. Also i leave one of my battery terminals a little loose - so i can wiggle it and whip it off by hand if need be, but not too loose as to cause problems....knowing my luck I'd never find a spanner quick enough!
Hopefully not too much damage is done and you can re-wire it ok, think wiring diagrams are on the samba.

Cheers!

Alistair

Sounds like you are having fun :(

Love the pic of the kids in the back - shame it ended the way it did :shock:

second loom is fitted and its parked up at my mums, need a new fan, so classed it as a winter job. it will give me something to do hopefully have these little thing sorted out while it resting up, then i see if i can keep pr its sell time

Wheels just dont go with the bus, sorry dude but either loose them or repsray them :shock:
Ignore Windsurfer he's to intouch with his feminine side and its starting to get scary :turninggay:

Latest posts