the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new years eve and in the day light i could see what a bad job i had done on the wheels, I orderd a new cooling fan from machine 7 tuesday afternoon on the interweb (as there phones were not being man'd over christmas) so quite hopeful of this be delivered today i cracked on with the wheels while waiting for the post, came out well in the end
006-33.jpg

at 14:15 the postie arrived with a package :mrgreen: free delivery and received in 2 days over christmas, think i'll be using machine 7 again
002-43.jpg

one step closer to heating
003-41.jpg

WTF :x only the best vw part will do :roll:
004-41.jpg

at 16:15 the engine was running, i'm well impressed with that as i did'nt know anything about them really before buying it, working alone and being a bit shit :lol:
at 17:30 it was back on all fours (the bus not me) bumpers back on 8)
007-42.jpg

just to prove it runs this was taken at elvaston castle :lol: you'll have to trust me
009-46.jpg

put to bed, i'm proper chuffed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
012-40.jpg

013-39.jpg

front wheels to be sprayed before i go back to work (the 4th) and i have a non blocked jet carb in the post 8) .WORD ..... as its new years eve and i've just sat down, i'm off to order chinese, drink mucho stella and make it up to the wife ;)

a big very cold, very dusty secert workshop ........ small heaters, BMW powered speed boats and 4 wheels the same colours :D you now your shits narrow when you have to use an extension bar
028-12.jpg

023-21.jpg

015-35.jpg

010-44.jpg

Hi!

That's looking sweet now, i like the new wheel colour this week dude! Hey how the hell do you time travel in that, mine won't reach 88 mph? (Check date stamp on your photos) :D

Cheers!

Alistair

dubscum said:
:lol: i'm sure i set the date before christmas :oops: there is a bay in back to the future but its a late :? and as for 88mph :shock:

I would have thought 88mph with a narrow front end would be a bit twitchy in the arse department :p

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
I would have thought 88mph with a narrow front end would be a bit twitchy in the arse department :p

Cheers!

Alistair

the 20 mph drive to the workshop was pretty arse twitchy :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chdcg59cOhw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ground hugger said:
you know your shits narrow when you have to use an extension bar :lol:

That looks 100% better
thanks dude :D
024-25.jpg

dubscum said:
it will be going lower ! but i spend all my spare time and money on keeping it on the road :x Tom you've worked on my piece of shit, no ?

i have indeed worked on it! haha! well if your ever fed up of it you can send it my way :D!! ill give you the bug with an 8inch beam haha not quite fair though!

when you aiming to get it down for or does that all depend on how its running!

Ash, I hate your bus... :evil:

It makes me want to spend more money and build myself a 4inch K/L beam! :lol:

ollie, i hate it to sometimes (but not enough to swap it for a beetle :D ) ......... you know you want to go narrow.

tom, i want to have the rear down for march, as i still have (very flattened and batterd) bump stops and march is MOT time. Not sure if i'll be able to afford it so i might just grind them off.

dubscum said:
ollie, i hate it to sometimes (but not enough to swap it for a beetle :D ) ......... you know you want to go narrow.

tom, i want to have the rear down for march, as i still have (very flattened and batterd) bump stops and march is MOT time. Not sure if i'll be able to afford it so i might just grind them off.

I chopped my bump stops off the other day, now I have to notch the chassis *slaps forehead* :lol:

massive thanks to currylarger for the startermotor
037-11.jpg

massive thanks to olly the hus for the carb
038-11.jpg

and a massive thanks to ubbacool for the earlybay sticker i stuck on the wrong side of the window, so will be buying another one :oops: :lol:
up and running even took it out.
my sister and her boyfriend with there 10 month old daughter was camping about 45 mins away so me, the wife and our little lad had a drive over to see them in there sky high wolfsburg edition wedge
062-1.jpg

054-8.jpg

057-4.jpg

it was below freezing and we have no heating in the bay, its not even got heater tubes, so its like riding in a side car :lol: my hand and feet were numb, how warm does a bus get with standard heating ? We were there an hour and the bus had frozen on the inside of the windscreen, had to drive back with the windows down for a while after scraping it, lights arn't up tp much either :shock:

new fan, new altinator, new carb, new startermotor, servise not long ago, runs mint cold, drives sounds warm, but will not idle when warm, everytime i come to a junction press the cluch the engine cuts out, if it stopped and i tap the trottle it will run for 2 minutes then die ? is this more a timing problem ? there not much left to change :lol: just need a little help / advise of someone who knows a lot more then me,. what wrong with it ?

Latest posts