the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its just a bit of fun, thats also what the van is too me, the mrs and daughter love the pink wheels and so do i, this is not the final look so i'm playing along the way. i never seen pink steels on an early before ..... maybe for good reason :lol: thinking about brms, but everyone goes down that route. ideas welcome, photos even morn and photoshop EVEN more

froggy said:
Wheels just dont go with the bus, sorry dude but either loose them or repsray them :shock:
Ignore Windsurfer he's to intouch with his feminine side and its starting to get scary :turninggay:

Froggy, just because your knuckles drag on the floor (your belly too) :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just a ladies man. Chicks dig the queers :msn4: :mrgreen:

Dubscum, I love the fact you've done something original, good on ya :D

windsurfer said:
froggy said:
Wheels just dont go with the bus, sorry dude but either loose them or repsray them :shock:
Ignore Windsurfer he's to intouch with his feminine side and its starting to get scary :turninggay:

Froggy, just because your knuckles drag on the floor (your belly too) :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just a ladyboy. Chicks with dicks 8)

Dubscum, I love the fact you've done something original, good on ya :D
Edited! :lol:

youre as much as a wheel whore as my boyfriend is :lol: he`s always putting on different wheels on the fleet or spraying them different colours, daygo orange one side and daygo green the other was the last colours on the integrales mo`s, M3 has had grey, black and red bbs :mrgreen:
loving your bus though, its cool 8)

taste the rainbow. cream, orange, brown, white ....
004-38.jpg

Hi, I'm thinking of painting my rims a different colour, what prep did you do before you sprayed?
Cheers

give them a real good rub down with some course sand paper, make sure any surface rust is rubbed off. blow off all the bits and crap, then i wipe them down with white sprits. When it is 100% dried off i really lightly coat the when with good rattle can spray paint. Leave it 5 to 10 mins then add another light coating (take about 4 to 5 coats just before the colour starts to lay. If you spray it to think it will run. Then you'll have to start all over again) Don't know how long it takes me, normally an afternoon. I use about half a can on each wheel.

found my camcorder usb lead (brought a new one of ebay :lol: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEiDb7hndxM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i was going to drive over it, but it would not fit under the bus.
proving slammed busses can still go anywhere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-rVaIVfpfY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
powerslide :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12TLlgLBAik" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/user/dubscum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

to be honest i don't know loads about engines, but i'm more then willing to learn and have a go, the way i see it is give it a go and if i can't do it then i'll pay someone to do it, that way i'm always learning, i learnt if i don't clip my wiring loom back properly it will fall behind the carb, trapping and wearing it down till it faults and melts my loom costing a lot of money to fix .... etc, any how brought these 2 carbs of ebay for £2.20 so i'm going to have a go at rebuilding them, i will post up the results in a week or so.
carbs.jpg

gutted its off the road, otherwise there would be loads of videos of me titting about in frozen car parks :lol:

i can feel a new wheel colour coming on too :D

i'm also running a book on the next photo's being of it parked in a garage, paying for it to be fixed :?

dubscum said:
gutted its off the road, otherwise there would be loads of videos of me titting about in frozen car parks :lol:

i can feel a new wheel colour coming on too :D

i'm also running a book on the next photo's being of it parked in a garage, paying for it to be fixed :?

:( Gutted Dude, hope it's not too much to sort. Mine's due for MOT in Feb, always a bit of a worry :lol: :oops:
Really can't wait to see your bus in the flesh, complete with new wheel colour :D

windy good luck on the mot dude,

look what i got (brought/received) as a christmas eve present :D
035-11.jpg

engine out tuesday for a fan change, soon as thats done (could be weeks knowing me) its wheels spraying time and carb rebuild in the evenings. I do hope the snow is still about i've not worked under my bus in the snow :lol:

lots of pictures to follow

You must have been a good boy since Father Christmas has been kind to you :lol:
Keep the pics flowing ;)

I'm waiting for the new year and then I'll start working on the Bus :mrgreen:

BTW Dub, I've got the same Splitty canvas :msn4:

i was looking forward to working in the ice :D
039-11.jpg

the day later it had melted just can't trust weather men. My engine was making the most horid noise at 4000(ish) rpm then going off again past this rpm, i think when i did my altinator upgrade i'm shimmed it wrong or damaged the cooling fan, but as the noise is only at about 4000rpm i think i must have damaged it :(
dropped the engine out and removed the altinator and fan
010-43.jpg

hello neighbours :lol:
009-45.jpg

the fan had been damaged and was no longer ture, so i tried another fan i found in a barn i'd had for a few years, it was worse :? so i got on tintoweb and orderd a new fan from machine7, its been shipped out today do fingers crossed i might have it tomorrow (new years eve) ....... a hang over adds to the fun of working in freezing conditions outside :D put the bus to bed for the night

015-34.jpg

so back to the worst build thread on here, 9 pages of a broken down van with 6 different colours ratted can'd on the standard rims continues :roll: ..... sorry to all that are replacing roof, front panels etc.

it was proper cold about freezing so found a novel way of warming up wheels and spray cans before the dash outside (yes i was the only one in)
012-39.jpg

the only dry place i could find at the farm was a very very full shed :shock:
016-37.jpg

going for a 2tone matt, brown and cream thing more in keeping with the bus, banged on some christmas tunes and got on with it
018-34.jpg

019-28.jpg

you get me ?
020-27.jpg

another late finish
021-20.jpg

really stuggled to lay down a nice finish is this cold, just would not dry and would keep running, not overly bothered as i proberly be re painting them in a few weeks, you know me. i do hope to have some this more productive to post up tomorrow night