the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubscum said:
cheers dude i have a full on love, hate thing going one :lol:

I had the exact same feeling about my bus when I was trying to fix the indicator switch in the freezing cold. I had to remind myself of the coming summer :lol:

Ash you could have an air leak, most likely between the carb and the manifold when you replaced the carb. Or it could just be the cold freezing the inlet manifold - which should improve once the warm weather returns.

What air filter do you have?

its on a standard oil air filter, there is no leak at the base of the carb but i have not checked the base manifold. I have recently found a rip in the pipe that goes between the carb and filter so i'm on the look out for one of them.

it might soon be up for a part ex on a lot cheaper air cooled :cry:

Check the rubber sleeves on the manifold join too. Spray them with WD 40 while the engine running, if the engine speed picks up you have a leak. Try the same for the carb base and the carb spindles.

all checked for air leaks there are none, then i noticed the bolt (directly in the middlew of the photo) was lose, and the dizzy had move slightly to the left, just knocking the timing out enough the make it stall every time i dip the cluch, but not enough to effect it when driving. Moved the dizzy to the right and tighten'd the bolt up and now it no longer dies at every juction, i'm so happy :D (but it has been doing this since may, so its taken me 8 months to find it :oops: and 5 carbs)
005-45.jpg

bang the hub caps back on (ignor rust)
007-43.jpg

banged some sticker on (including my earlybay one that i stuck on the outside when it shoud have been the inside so it was backwards :lol: i'll be buying another then
003-43.jpg

need to sort the horn and rea bump stops then its MOT time next month :shock:
for the time i'm happy so is little man :D
010-47.jpg

011-40.jpg

see you at dubfreeze :mrgreen:

Hi !

Your bus is looking really, good - I'm especially liking the darker painted centers on the wheel, and the og hub cap really sets it off - I likey a lot
Nice one dude!

<jealous>

Cheers!

Alistair

popped over to slamwerks to have a noise round guys super slammer and talk about having the rear notched and brought down a bit, but he had nipped out in it, so "i'll be back"!
008-49.jpg

ted's van was making mine look high ........... then i spotted someone cheating :lol:
009-48.jpg

alway like to get the boy involved :D
011-41.jpg

then nipped into absolute, simon tuned the engine a treat, dialed in the carb and did the timing
022-20.jpg

then big tom took it for a test drive, never seen anyone else drive it looked kinda cool 8) he also said it rode real nice for a slammer
024-26.jpg

I always look forward to your posts in here... love this thread... love your bus!

It's priceless that you get the youngin' involved too... keep it coming!

cheers mate :D i'm also loving your bus, almost got the black paint out when i saw your wheels 8)

archie has just start to speak amd one of his first words was "van" he comes everywhere in it with me, a true dubber in the making

my bus might be left hand drive but its not from the U.S. its from Germany. It was a 9 seater that was very solid with a very small hole in the roof that has been very well repaired. The last owner said it was from a small flashing orange becon and the gutter etc are so clean because it had been kept undercover and used from new as an airport runner for cabin crew (might all be bull) Is there a way i can find out my busses history ? if it was an airport bus i would like to refit a period becon and get some sign writing / logo on the bus (windy said it would look cool and i also think so) so what do you all think ? so far (not looked very hard yet) i've found these
stuttgart-logo.gif

lufthansa.jpg

Hey Ash hows things?

I must have just missed you as i was in most of the day on thursday. Rear notching sounds good i would love to see the rear end down on yours.

I cant believe you have showed the world are prototype front suspension on the red bay. We call it the mega ramp jammer system!!!

I think Its gonna be big!

:lol:

all good thanks guy, some young dude was trying to start a sweet red beetle outside said you'd just nipped off to 30 mins (i know what time not to call now) really want to get the rear down before bustypes, i'll pop over for a chat soon

lad and i were doing a tip run when i noticed the site gate was open and no one was about :p show my mrs the photo's when i got back to said "your so sad" :lol:
024-27.jpg

022-21.jpg

012-41.jpg

014-39.jpg

Latest posts