The Dropped Dough Ball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with ya - it does look pretty tasty 8)

Glad it ran as good as it looks and hope the surf was good too :D

Cheers fella, runs like a charm :mrgreen: surf was huge!! caught a few tubes on me body board aswell ;) ace 8)

Bus looks ace easy, I think I will be modifying my front arches shortly.
I'd be careful of parking outside the bank in Patchway, some tosser hit the mirror off my bus while I was stopped there on the way to Brean on Friday....

easy said:
Massive voyage of testing alll new bits n pieces, ride height etc this weekend. Went for a surf over on the Gower. Everything ran like a dream and uber pleased at the look of the old girl, just perf in my eyes. One happy monkey :mrgreen:

We went to the Gower for the Bank Holiday. Rhossili Bay is just stunning and the surfs good too :mrgreen:

Did a bit of work on the bus this weekend, tidied up some wiring from the amp to the speakers in the front and then changed both speakers as they had seen better days. Got some 200w 2 way JBL speakers for £58, which isnt to bad i thought.

Also had a track down for where im going to put the capacitor to smooth out the base, but have been having bass cuttng out issues on the subs at certain levels. Traced everything and all seemed good, so had a head scratch few mins, then looked over the stereo settings a found a bass cut out function i never knew about :lol: :roll: anyway changed it and now it goes ace, so just gonna put the capicitor in at some point when i get another few hours on it, but i have so many away weekends coming up it may get put off till winter ;) 8)

Well, its been a long ass while since i updated my thread, but just to let you know im finally on the case this weekend.

Its new floor time! ripping everything out and with the help of the misses we are going to make the bus uber sexy for the summer ;)

watch this space................... :D

Been so busy lately, haven't had a chance to make a start on the floor yet.
Forgot that the dough balls not ran out soon, so took it for an mot..............and....... It passed without 1 single advisory :) happy days.
Did however get the new throttle tube fitted, and it certainly makes to a nice smooth action of the carbs :)
16220c36.jpg

AIR_CHILLED said:
Easy that's a very nice bus you have there!

I see your a member of OVC, is the club meet still on for tomo at the Starbucks and if so what's the general time to meet?

Mike.

Hello mate, there is a meet, people will be there from 5.30 :)

My bus is such a media whore! :lol:

Volksworld latest edition :mrgreen:
IMG_2345.jpg

Thanks doods 8) the interior was about £2500ish a good while ago, all the woodwork etc was by me and the rest was sorted by the trimmer, an old guy who lived Birmingham way, he has long since retired tho.

Busy few weeks, i have this now on test. 8)

Brace yourselves theres something nice on the horizon for all you lowered peeps or in fact anyone who is after a twin box full stainless system with a lifetime warranty! ;) fully customised to your bus.

An increase in torque and much improved clearance can only be a good thing right ?! ;) 8)

IMG_2753.jpg

Well after a good few days on the test the new zaust is going well. Im getting it re jigged this week to get one of the back boxes moved round the back to get rid of the long pipe look at a re postion of the tail pipe. All for asthetics and feed back from the weekend.

This is such a good system and once fully tweeked it will be a classic im sure. 8)

After all the feedback from over 100 people so far! :shock: the new "easy Exhaust" is now fully rocking!

This is its final incarnation, and its a hell of an exhaust 8) I will put up some sales info in the traders area etc with prices and info, but if you want an increase in torque, a seriously quiet but deep sounding exhaust with total clearance, easy to get to rocker covers, not like some more expensive ones on the market, then go get one! Did i mention it comes with a lifetime warranty? :mrgreen: 8)

Twin box loveliness!
NewZaust001.jpg

you can have the tail pipe exit where ever you want!
NewZaust005.jpg

clearance you say? the sump/engine hanger is now the lowest part of the bus!
NewZaust004.jpg

Had a great run out in the bus at the weekend and the exhaust is performing like a charm! tested to the extreme in a few places on some speed ramps and had zero probs where i would have previously had a few probs with the back box hitting the ramp. :mrgreen:

Latest posts