The Maiden Voyage UPDATED WITH NEW PICS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers dude, get a spaniel we have 4 in the family and they are the best dog you can get BUT be warned they have extra high energy levels so you need to have them out on walks all the time for this reason we find them the perfect travelling dog oh and when they get in water ie a pond you can't get them out total shit magnets

Oh yes!! my retriever could walk all day, and any pond, lake, river or stagnant muddy hole and he's in it :lol: I'm always amazed that when he dries out all the crap just dissapears :?

I assume that was a 'Bus' boot sale ;)

Hi all, just a quick update i have been doing some little jobs over the weekend. Since i've been driving around over the last 1200 miles there has been a smell of fuel every so often when i opened the sliding door to the left hand side as if the fuel was in the body, so i decided to take out the fuel tank and inspect everything from the core.

I was delighted to find that on removal of the tank the body inside was like brand spanking new not a bit of rust in sight and the paint was like it had just been done :D

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

While the tank was out i have replace all the fuel line with new superior quality hose and added good quality jubilee clips for added security

DSC00147.jpg

On the tank itself i have given it a very good clean out and added some superior metal braided hose.

DSC00146.jpg

After the tank was replaced i decide to clean the fire wall and inside the engine bay as it was full of oil, dust, debris, leaves and general muckiness, i was well chuffed with what i found. the original paint is in ace condition and solid as a rock :D :D :D :D

DSC00150.jpg

You may also notice in this pic i have started to tidy up the wiring and tie wrap them in order.

Overall i am very satisfied with my work and i've really enjoyed working on my baby.

THE LAST PANZER said:
gninnam said:
Great pics 8)
Discovered where the fuel smell came from yet?

I think so some of the fuel line was a little perished and the fuel cap seems a bit dodgey :evil:

All fixable though for not too much outlay ;)

Latest posts