The new bus to keep.............I wish! 71 niagra westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leon

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia
Just taken delivery of this bus and had a right good look around. Can't believe how good it all is. Never before have I seen a front panel that hasn't been smashed to pieces. The underneath is rock solid and the interior is complete but needs a good tidy. The back end is all that lets it down, having appeared to have had a few incidents with posts/cars/trees etc.
Plan is to clean it up, get it running, mot and registered before putting the for sales up on it.
May sell early if anyone wants to pm me about it.
Here's a couple of pics to keep you all happy.

DSC01733.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

DSC01736.jpg

Stripped the interior out to clean and sort the small patches of rust on the cargo floor. I'll waxoil it all before putting it all back in. Can't believe how solid it is! :shock: Hope the rest is the same.

DSC02206.jpg

DSC02207.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02211.jpg

Shiny front (well almost)!
DSC02222.jpg

Looks nice and solid, is that a smashed bike rack i can see in that very shiny door ?
http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leon nice to see its arrived mate,cool looking bus.catch up with you at vaanfest???

cheers for thumbs up everyone!
Sorry lee, boycotted Vanfest this year and future years if they keep raising prices.

Finally managed to get a complete engine. Changed the gland nut, clutch, flywheel seal and O ring and replaced all the fuel lines. That'll be a few less jobs for the future buyer to have to worry about ;)
Anyone want it before I MOT and register it? Will also be viewable at busfreeze.

DSCF3616.jpg

DSCF3617.jpg

DSC02327.jpg

Bumper on too
DSC02324.jpg

Sanded, hammerited and waxoiled the cargo floor. Now cleaning and putting interior back in.

DSCF3627.jpg

DSCF3630.jpg

DSCF3628.jpg

DSCF3631.jpg

Interior in.

DSCF3634.jpg

Onto the corner repair. From This

DSCF3639.jpg

to this

DSCF3641.jpg

to this

DSCF3648.jpg

:)
Onto the side repair next.

Cheers for coms :D , and i'm not a Hippy!

Did the side, but will probably need a bit more time to get it right. The seam is a bit of a tricky area to get right. I'll be quizzing guru drew on Monday.

DSCF3636.jpg

DSCF3638.jpg

DSCF3652.jpg

Shiny shiny ready for busfreeze

DSCF3655.jpg

blue eb westie's are so cool :D nice bus mate. I'm not 100% sure your not a hippy. I have seen you with a pony tail, wearing sandals, playing a guitar in front of a fire and you own a camper van :? :D :lol: :msn4: 8)

But I've never taken acid! Or am I stereotyping :lol:

Latest posts