The Official EarlyBay Toy/Model Thread - show us yours!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotVWheels

Reaction score
Dunno if it has been done before on this Forum, but how about an Early Bay Toy/Model thread? With the Bay pretty much living in the shadow of the Split up to now, there are not nearly as much Bay models out there as Splits. Saw some very nice Shucho and Minichamps Bays recently, but they are pretty damn expensive! This is the models I am allowed by the wife to put on display, (I concentrated the past few years on collecting Buggy models.)

models.jpg

These are however the only Bay Bus models currently in my collection :oops:

Baymodels.jpg

From left to right:

1. Small plastic late Bay from a Christmas cracker or a lucky packet
2. Tomica late Bay camper
3. Matchbox early Bay Camper
4. Matchbox early Bay Camper, different colour version (current customizing project)
5. Unknown LHD early Bay. All plastic, sunroof, LHD, driver, spare wheel detail. Bottom only says 'Made in W. Germany'

So come on, show us yours!! :wink:

you stole that yellow bus with no pop top from my friend :lol:
he has one identical, his has no pop top either

Nice collection you've got there, Hotwheels. 8)

Here are most of my bay models.

The large plastic Westy was my favourite Christmas prezie from about 33 years ago! Note the numberplate of our family crossover Danbury that we owned at the time, scribbled on it! :lol:

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture167.jpg

:D

I think there are some really great models available now days. This is a pic of our wedding cake from earlier this year

ALLAUNTYALIPICS119.jpg

Most of my camper collection... inc...
1 x Canvas,
1 x book,
8 x moneyboxes,
5 x eggcups,
6 x postcards,
2 x bags
2 x belt buckles
1 x desk clock
1 x set of salt & pepper shakers
1 x t-shirt
3 x keyrings

thought that was enough as it filled my double bed!!! :D

DSCF0829.jpg

unfortunatly i only own 3 bay window things (egg cup, key ring and le peice de resistance! my belt buckle :D

DSCF0831.jpg

Wow! You guys got nice collections of EaryBay models! Saw this Schuco 1:43 scale diorama set at a hobby shop in the week. Sorry for the poor picture, taken through a glass display case. Pretty expensive - about R 850.00, which translates to around £ 55

400333.jpg

These 1:43 models are R 350.00 each. That is about £ 23, but the quality is not as good as the Schuco.

400334.jpg

400335.jpg

Its so nice that at long last bay models are becoming more readily available. :D

Apologies for the non-early bay one shown below, but I thought I'd show it to you. It was the only veedub model I saw when I was on holiday in Cape Town (down at the new waterfront complex by the docks.) If I hadn't been with my family I'd have gone into the shop for a look round. Also taken through glass, so apologies too for the bad quality.

Picture117-1.jpg

:D

Ooooer some more nice models showing up! 8)

Silversurfer1 I spot a Mini woody Traveller/Countryman in your display. I've got a '67 woody Traveller which I love to bits. :D

Had a mini van for work in London a few years ago, parking and traffic was a breeze would love a woody, surf board and lowered, would fit in with the vw scene 8)

well it used to be quite an impressive collection a few years ago standing at around some 5,000 plus models :shock:
I shocked myself when I had to sit down an do an insurance inventory, it
took me forever

it took about 30 years to collect them with a bit of a mad 10 year spell
when I had lost a bit of interest in the real cars so I channelled all my efforts and spare cash into the toys

I sold about 3,000 of them about 5 to 7 years ago as it had got a little out of hand , they paid for a car and 3 trips to the USA , well I had to deliver them in person :wink:

not sure what to do with the rest :wink:

The only double cab EarlyBay model I know of is this one, made by the German manufacturer Siku. Scale more or less 1:64 (Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Corgi Jnrs size). I had one when I was small, and have no idea what happened to it!! :cry:

Anyone perhaps got one for me? *wink, wink*

371465.jpg

Latest posts