The Official EarlyBay Toy/Model Thread - show us yours!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great thead on Earlybay, congrats from me.
Here are most of mine and a little background on how they came to be.
It seems to own a VW is to also become a toy collector! Or should it be models? I prefer toys, and also get em out of their wrappers and boxes as soon as I get them home. I also like the patina of the pre owned ones I have collected. One of my favourites is the old barn door bus that I found in a box at a flea market. I'm also a bit keen on the 1/64 size. Most of the larger ones I have are gifts from family members so they are treasures as well.
I used to be in the Taxi business so I am always on the lookut for them too, and that has crossed over to anything special purpose like the Polizei and fire trucks.
The other theme running through my collection is the Collingwood (Australian) Football Club souvenir cars. They release on each year.
As they started to increase beyond my storage capacity, I started to put them on Car carrying trucks, so now I suppose I am collecting them too!
The few still in their boxes are waiting for a parking space. I may have to cull some more of those pesky little beetles.

Top section of the main cabinet
toys08001.jpg

Lower section
toys08002.jpg

Transporters
toys08003.jpg

toys08005.jpg

German "Radar Bus"
toys08006.jpg

Siku DC
toys08007.jpg

Taxis and others
toys08012.jpg

Larger cars and others
toys08004.jpg

HotVWheels said:
Got this pic from the Matchbox Collectors Forum, does anyone perhaps know who is the manufacturer of the Bay panel between the silver Splitty and the Ambulance? :shock: Never seen it before, but I like!! 8)

Canon08_1270.jpg

It looks like a Schuco to me. Pretty close to this one I found on eGay. The blue one near the centre.
toys08.jpg

HotVWheels said:
From another Forum. I also want one :(

Found this T2 Camper this morning at the car boot sale, it is BIG!!!! and all plastic. As you can see it's dirty as can be but I'll clean it soon :) . Side door slides perfectly, front bumper, grille and headlights all there, rolls good too. At the rear there are no signs of there ever being taillamps/bumper. Also could not see any maker sign.

DSCF1681.jpg

DSCF1682.jpg

DSCF1683.jpg

My one isn't quite so grubby as that one! :lol:

Picture005.jpg

^^^I just LUUUUUV them BeachBombs!

Below a standard Siku expertly modified to a Tour de France support crew vehicle. Wish I had those skills!

Before:

sikuT2crew-1.jpg

After.
The Cinelli VW T2 crew-cab
cinelliVWT2-1.jpg

new windows for this pickup, better 5-bolt wheels, splashes of sponsors too….
cinelliVWT2-2.jpg

ready for hauling the classic Cinelli Super Corsa bicycles at the drop-side bed.
cinelliVWT2-3.jpg

I have some VW toys too

this one I got from my brother and says "1972 VW Kombi" just like my bay
258879.jpg

a samba and my bay in the back
samba.jpg

this bug I changed a little and I got an award from Volksworld mag
1.jpg

volksworld.jpg

a majorette
kombi.jpg
bus-1.jpg

and most of my VW collection
404784.jpg

I like the brown model!

From TheSamba (never seen those models before):

vwclap said:
I am a fan of the small endoh bus version but cannot find any history of the toys or how many versions were made of the small busses and pick up. I know that the same bus or pick up can have many differences like litho cabs or window cab, black wheels or chrome wheels etc....
here some pics and check the differences!
To see more pics chack in my gallery
Bye
Claude
425655.jpg

425647.jpg

425644.jpg

Fuel filler on wrong side? What do I win :wink:

I keep meaning to buy one of these from eBay...

a19e_1_sbl.JPG

a259_1_sbl.JPG

Is this a "Schuco"?

mcvw said:
Fuel filler on wrong side? What do I win :wink:
I keep meaning to buy one of these from eBay...
Is this a "Schuco"?

100% Correct MC! Whenever you are in SA, I'll buy you some of our finest beers :wink:

Interesting thread on the fuel filler lid of the Matchbox camper here, that is of course the rarest version of this models since later ones came out without the filler...
:arrow: http://www.mboxcommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56643&page=1&pp=10
(my posts are under the username Ramaja, with a link to this site as my signature :lol: )

I think those other models are indeed by Schuco - very nice!!

Hi "Hotwheels"

did you manage to get the 2008 orange Bay No 79

I picked 2 up at the weekend £7-50 each :roll:
a wee bit overpriced but I bought them anyway , if you need one and can't find one cheaper
I have one here :wink:

have you got the links to the Wiking collectors in Oz , I think it is time to sell up

thanks Ernie

some cool models there

noticed the cake aswell, i thought as i got married a couple of weeks ago i better put a pick of my cakes up
n728980000_3305839_4097.jpg

bus(webster)
me
mrs
retta the dog (AKA carburetta)
beetle (bod

Latest posts