The trouble with locks!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
I have a problem with my locks at the moment whereby I have to jiggle the key for a while to get them to unlock or lock

I remember reading somewhere it is possibly down to a worn spring in the lock mechanism causing the problem but can't find the article or remember where I saw it

Can anyone advise on how to fix the problem or point me at he article ?

Many thanks in advance

sounds like the wards are sticking,needs a clean and relube.or your keys worn ;)

The keys are new and had the locks rebuilt by the guys at custom and commercial so it appears to be a problem with the mechanism in the door itself.

It's one of those strip down, clean and repair jobs but was more interested in the article that talked about replacing a spring

Just can't remember where I saw it, on here, type 2 owners club or a magazine... Derr my Swiss cheese mind is driving me mad today

Thank you

That's the very thing, much appreciated

Now to order the springs and spend a weekend on the locks :)

Also, this time of year use Graphite to lubricate the actual locks. If you can't get access to Graphite in powered form, use a carpenters pencil. Rub over the key/s so's the powder is visible and just insert into the locks. Stops freezing.

Latest posts