Throttle cable tube in fan housing?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I'm in the process of fitting new tinware to my motor and it looks as if the only way my throttle cable tube that goes through the tin and fan housing is if I bend it slightly as being dead straight I've go no hope .also the on I have only just pokes through the tin behind the fan unit ,should it be longer .its a beetle tin piece that I'm going to add the fillin part sold on hear.

I had to put a very small kink in mine. But only very slightly, and mine is like yours, it only just pokes through the tube in the tin over the bell housing

I replaced my one with CSP one, the old one went through and poked out the back, the new one is longer goes through and then again through rear tin towards the cable guide under the bus, and I had a slight bend only to get it through the correct hole in rear tin wear.

Do the tubes vary in length then as I think I could do with a longer one .Also unless I re drill a hole higher up through the fan housing my tube has to sweep upwards to go through the bell housing tin ?

Maybe, my original one was a good deal shorter, the CSP one went through fan shroud through the back and about 4 inches past the bulk head.

Latest posts