What joins the throttle cable outer to the throttle tube?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I'm about to refit my motor and have noticed that the flexi throttle cable outer that goes over the gearbox and butts up against the throttle cable tube that goes through the fan housing doesn't have a joiner as such .the cable outer is about the same size as the tube . Should it have some sort of sleeve ?if so who sells them ?

I dont think Ive ever head an outer on a throttle cable, if you do its just a protective section. It doesnt work on a need for the outer to be 'stopped', so just fit it as you wish.

Not standard foz but if you mean after the tin wear to the guide tube under the bus, that couple of naked feet?, mines in a bit of plastic fish tank pipe, nice tight fit to either end, no water, no dirt, just greased it when I did the cable 8)

I'll be at Brighton breeze number 158 mate, feel free to crawl under her to have a look.

Cheers guys ,so am I correct in thinking that as std there wasn't any cable outer between the tube that is fixed under the bus to the guide tube that pokes through the tin ? If so if I can't find a joiner I might just loose the added outer if it wasn't stock anyway.

fozworth said:
Cheers guys ,so am I correct in thinking that as std there wasn't any cable outer between the tube that is fixed under the bus to the guide tube that pokes through the tin ? If so if I can't find a joiner I might just loose the added outer if it wasn't stock anyway.

I think you got it, but I like the idea of an extra bit of cover over `any` open cable, but thinking about it,, how far do you go, do you cover the open bit after the tinware to the carb with a flexi rubber joint ?? I know I won`t be doing that because that`s where I wipe my dipstick when I`m checking my oil, not sure if it really helps the throttle cable but it`s better than the fan belt I spose :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Gotta help a bit,,, won`t it :? :lol: :?

I think I'm going to just remove it and make sure the cable is lightly greased as it's going to be pretty hard trying to get the joining sleeve to fit over the throttle tube at the back of the tinware once the motor is in .

Latest posts