Tintop Tracky westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popcorn balls

Reaction score
Picked up the 71 tintop from T2D yesterday :D

Here's it getting it's final check over and then setting off back (photo's robbed from T2D blogs)

23ijvxj.jpg

35ja6v7.jpg

Got to say Paul's a top bloke, sorting out the little niggles i asked about - mainly a ropey 2nd gear change we thought would be improved by a new linkage thingy. He ended up replacing that, the clutch and the gearbox :shock: before he was happy to put his name to it - top service

Said it before buddy , love this bus keep the stripe it makes the bus , More pix , hope you had a good trip from Burwell to Barnsley 8)

Trip home was a long one (thanks Iain - appreciate it mate, i owe you one) we got back about 1am

Definately keeping the original paint and stripes 8) and am discussing with a painter mate the possibilty of extending the stripes round the back so they meet up instead of stoping at the rear corners - the ageing/cracking will be difficult to replicate I guess.

Been rummaging about in there tonight and found the original service book with the original owners details and the Californian dealers stamp. Strangley also found hand written details of the best hash houses in Amsterdam :shock: :evil: :lol:

Been googling the dealer (really busy at work today!!! :lol: ) the bus came from here
k9gevr.jpg

So i just need a pair of these now.....
2n21dv.jpg

A full day scrubbing the interior today - it was absolutely minging - don't think it had been cleaned for years :lol: Yesterday it got a new front screen seal, a refurb of the petrol pump that had a little weep when stood and the heat exchangers connected up - can't believe how good the heating is....

It's gonna have to be raised up a touch :shock: :shock:

2cn9cj.jpg

T2-Nate said:
t looks way cool as is bloke, keep it that way! Only thing you should reconsider is a wheel change?

:shock: :shock: :shock: No way Nate - gas burners rule!! i reckon they really suit it.

As for height, it's going to have to come up just a little, i'm scraping the front going up the drive and the exhaust reversing back down!!!

popcorn balls said:
T2-Nate said:
t looks way cool as is bloke, keep it that way! Only thing you should reconsider is a wheel change?

:shock: :shock: :shock: No way Nate - gas burners rule!! i reckon they really suit it.

As for height, it's going to have to come up just a little, i'm scraping the front going up the drive and the exhaust reversing back down!!!

Oooops sorry, just glanced at the pic when I replied, looked like some old Merc wheels as yer burners aren't detailed... Gasburners R indeed the t*ts :bliss:

think youll find those stripes are decal and not painted on......

this any use to you? :)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robb said:
think youll find those stripes are decal and not painted on......

this any use to you? :)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'kin 'ell :lol: :lol:

You're right they're not painted on, I just thought painting would be my best chance of replicating the look.....

I watched this bus on the blog and really liked it.

Cool ride 8)

Latest posts