Top & Bottom pulley

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na its just a big spanner and a tyre leaver, or a big screwdriver.

Depends how stuck on they are, mine wasn`t to bad and came of after 10 mins of wiggling :lol:

Some can be stuck fast though and need a bit of heating etc to get off. 8)

speedwell68 said:
I've just invested in new genuine VW Brazilian style fan type alternator pulley as it helps draw heat from an internal regulated alternator. On the bottom pulley I have an EMPI drilled alloy one as it was cheap and my old stock one was all bent. I'll post some pics later.

engine_mk5.jpg

That looks like a nice piece of kit speedwell! 8) what sort of cost? :wink:

Thats not a bad price atall :D and it looks like a sunflower 8)

I have just ordered the black billet anodised scat bottom one from cool air and the ultra posh black billet top one. Spoke to about a bazillion people over the last few days and these seem to be a good choice. Will let you know how things work out :D

I was gonna get a Scat bottom pulley too, when funds allow as that EMPI one on there is cheap and nasty. The engine hasn't even run in the van yet and the numbers of the face have started to rub off.

That is a boo! I know empi stuff is going down hill, but at the moment its snowballing! :shock: Long live Scat and CB performance in my opinion! 8)

top tip for ya all
mark the TDC, BDC and 7 1/2 timing mark on the rim with a sharp screwdriver and a tap from a hammer.
that way if your fanbelt flies off and takes out the numbers on the bottom pulley you can still use the pulley. :lol:

A top tip chap, will get on to that! 8)

slammedkustom said:
top tip for ya all
mark the TDC, BDC and 7 1/2 timing mark on the rim with a sharp screwdriver and a tap from a hammer.
that way if your fanbelt flies off and takes out the numbers on the bottom pulley you can still use the pulley. :lol:

Already have.:D

EMPI do some good stuff, the fuel T piece I got was ace, so was the starter motor bush. No you are right, it's not gone down hill it's avalanched. If you want anything decent from EMPI these days it's either NOS from the 60s & 70s or the Flat 4 repro stuff from Japan. It comes to something when the repro is better than the original, I bet the Vittone boys ain't happy with how the EMPI name is now being used.

Not happy atall!!

But Iam. Look what Just arrived!!!!

Pulleys.jpg

Yummy!!!! :D 8)

Yea the CB performance one is actually from Cool air :D I New it was the same, so was easier than ordering it from the USA. Got the Scat one from Cool air as well, free postage online!! 8)

slammedkustom said:
top tip for ya all

On my damper pulley, I can change my degree ring, it is a metallic sticker and it is placed in the groove.The degree ring is not installed when you buy the pulley in order to check the REAL TDC of your #1 cylinder.On pre printed pulleys, you can have an erroneous placement of your 1 TDC, not good for ignition timing setting :cry:

pulleygh4.jpg

Latest posts