• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Type 4 1700 Engine For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krim

Reaction score
Type 4 1700 Engine For Sale.

This came in an Early Bay I bought a few months back, never had a type 4 before/since so know very little about them.

The guy I bought the van from reckoned it was a recon 5000miles/5years ago but I only have his word to go on. I drove it about 100miles home when I bought the van, then it got taken out and replaced with a stock 1600. It pulled along nicely and started first time every time. Some tinware is there, not sure if it all is though.

It has twin Solex Carbs, which i’ve been told are worth about £400.00, was also told that these will need tuning/setting up properly. It had an aftermarket fuel pump fitted which is included (see pic#2) but it also comes with the original fuel pump which I was also assured is repairable by replacing something inside.

This will need collecting from Oxford at my folks house, my dad is nearly 80 so definatley won’t be helping you lift it so bare that in mind as obviously these are V heavy, it will be on a pallet though if that makes a difference.

Im asking £700.00ono for it, which I’m told is a Very good price. Pictures & Video Link below.

Cheers,
Simon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGnUPo4Iuk

i've told the lads on the late site for you, that's a decent price.

rickyrooo1 said:
i've told the lads on the late site for you, that's a decent price.

Thanks a appreciate that, thought it would be a bit cheeky of me to join the latebay forum purely to sell one item...

S.

Latest posts