Tyre dilemma

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin

Reaction score
I’m at the point where I’m gonnna need tyres, but the fro ya always have me chopping and changing after I’ve fitted them!! I usually go with 165-50-15 up front, but......... now I have spotted that nankang do a 165-45-15 tyre that is reinforced taking way more weight than most!

I have a standard width beam with adjusters for now.

So what would you do??? Stick to what you know with the 165-50-15 not reinforced, or the rubber band but reinforced 165-45-15????

Never ran on the latter, but they look cool.

What’s your thoughts? No tyre purists please, tyres are tested to destruction and will work way beyond my needs.

Austin said:
I’m at the point where I’m gonnna need tyres, but the fro ya always have me chopping and changing after I’ve fitted them!! I usually go with 165-50-15 up front, but......... now I have spotted that nankang do a 165-45-15 tyre that is reinforced taking way more weight than most!

I have a standard width beam with adjusters for now.

So what would you do??? Stick to what you know with the 165-50-15 not reinforced, or the rubber band but reinforced 165-45-15????

Never ran on the latter, but they look cool.

What’s your thoughts? No tyre purists please, tyres are tested to destruction and will work way beyond my needs.

I’m not gonna come in with the purist angle, but I will come in from how flippin comfy is it gonna be? I mean reduced spenshion is one thing but when you got very little spension and then no tyre wall as well , I reckon it might be clatter bang whallop and just very rigid. But if you’re feeling brave, then try it. On a scale of one to ten I’d rate a stock bus as ten suspension and comfort wise. I got Thaus spindles and coilovers on the front and it was fine on stock tyres apart from rubbing, so I had some pretty low profile in the garage and they was way too harsh, I then settled in between. It might look good but I think you’ll soon get pissed off with spitting out your fillings and biting your tongue and stuff.

Ozziedog,,,,, But try it ,, how’s your bad back ? :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Latest posts