Tyre Load Rating Query.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamBrian

Reaction score
My 175 55 15 tyres have a load rating of 77. Is this acceptable or should I be looking for something else.....any recommendations. Cheers.

Given that the front axle has a load rating of 2226lbs (1010kgs), and a load rating of 77 is only good for 412kg per tyre, I'd not be using them. :)

page59.jpg

I ran the same size when the my bus was low they were continentals I remember the load being 560kg per tyre never had a problem with them used to work and grip really well, although once van loaded should imagine they were pushing the limits, it's not so much the driving it's if you have to corner or stop hard when they may give up, !!! Probably best to see if you can source some higher rated ones :)

Cheers folks. Yep, they seem to push out a bit during spirited cornering.

You won't find a tyre in the size you want with the load rating that's stipulated as far as I'm aware. The topic has been covered lots of times in threads on this forum, unfortunately you either raise your vehicle to allow a bigger profile or except that they are under rated.

I've found a 185 55 15 86v tyre which will give me a little more clearance than the 185 65 but I'm not sure if it's worth splashing out if the slight gain in clearance isn't enough. Will have to have a think. :?

I've found a 185 55 15 86v tyre which will give me a little more clearance than the 185 65 but I'm not sure if it's worth splashing out if the slight gain in clearance isn't enough. Will have to have a think. :?

What make is that tyre? it looks like a good compromise between low profile and decent load rating.

Latest posts