Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy said:
Worth spending the extra pennies on tyres 8) yokohama etc are quality, but you have to go to different makes for the lower profile ones like 45s and even i think 40s :shock:

Hi Easy, what with you living in the same town as me! where do you get your tyres from? I was thinking of going for a set of 70's or 65's? is this right :?

Depends on what stance you go for. If you are looking for a bigger (as in diameter)tyre then go for a deeper profile of say 65 or 70.

If you want a stance then go for slightly les of a profile on the front. Have a look at some of the stances on this thread to see what people have done. The lower you want to go, the lower the profile you need i.e a slammed set of tyres would be 45 on the front and 55 on the rear.

Becareful tho as low profile tyres look a bit shit on a stock height bay. :wink:

I use Mike Knight tyres in Avonmouth, always comes up with great prices and good tyres. I get the ones for my notch there aswell. :mrgreen: They will even balance the wheels on one side for you, so you dont see the balance weights :wink: 8)

thanks, i've just had it lowered so low pros would look cool but i've been warned about going to low as it can put a strain on the engine. I might pop down there and compare a few to what i currently have.

dubman24 said:
thanks, i've just had it lowered so low pros would look cool but i've been warned about going to low as it can put a strain on the engine. I might pop down there and compare a few to what i currently have.

It does put a strain if you are going to fast as it all runs faster, but keep them back tyres with a larger profile and all shouls be well. 8)

You said you wanted Earlies!

Here is my old very, very Early (April 52) bus :mrgreen:
195/65/15's on rear and 145/65/15's front
ap14.jpg

Sorry Easy I couldn't resist :roll: I have made the change to an Early Bay 8)

:D :lol: :D And my Bro's Early Bay 8) , it has one outer spline at the rear with 185/65/15's on 4.5 Fuch reps and 4" fixed drop at the front on standard beam with 175/55/15
P150608_1617.jpg

VeeDubMan said:
(posting a post here so I can track what topics I posted to with my other usernames - VDM2 and VDM3)

Just press 'subscribe topic' top left. :roll: :p

EDIT: AARGH How many threads did you just bump?

Adjusters on the front that have dropped the van about 3.5" and one turn at the rear.
Tyres are 185/65 R15 rear & 175/65 R15 at the front.
Running stock pre-64 15" split screen wheels

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Sweet! 8) keep em coming people! :wink: :mrgreen:

Here's mine. 15 x 6 polished cookie cutters with 185/60 front, 185/65 rear. tried 195's on rear but wouldnt clear rear arch. 185's 0nly just clear !! dropped with foksy adjustor in front beam and creative adj spring plates at rear. first pic is first trial height, but steering was terrible,
059.jpg

062.jpg

front raised about 2 inches in pic below, steering feels much better. will eventually get dropped spindles to lower it back down, but happy with it at the mo.
006.jpg

Chris said:
Here's mine. 15 x 6 polished cookie cutters with 185/60 front, 185/65 rear. tried 195's on rear but wouldnt clear rear arch. 185's 0nly just clear !! dropped with foksy adjustor in front beam and creative adj spring plates at rear. first pic is first trial height, but steering was terrible,
059.jpg

062.jpg

front raised about 2 inches in pic below, steering feels much better. will eventually get dropped spindles to lower it back down, but happy with it at the mo.
006.jpg

Very nice 8)

thanks guys. came across the wheels by chance. hadnt thought of cookie cutters. you may remember from prev threads that i was originaly looking at mws fuch or brm's, but changed my mind after feedback / advice on here. then decided on enkei slot mags, but couldnt get any anywhere. finally got offered some from the states, but they wanted silly money. almost bought a set of teledails, but then spotted these at stanford hall. got em polished pretty quickly, but then spent a couple of weeks messing about with adaptors that wouldnt fit. really happy with the results though, and i think worth the wait.

Chris said:
thanks guys. came across the wheels by chance. hadnt thought of cookie cutters. you may remember from prev threads that i was originaly looking at mws fuch or brm's, but changed my mind after feedback / advice on here. then decided on enkei slot mags, but couldnt get any anywhere. finally got offered some from the states, but they wanted silly money. almost bought a set of teledails, but then spotted these at stanford hall. got em polished pretty quickly, but then spent a couple of weeks messing about with adaptors that wouldnt fit. really happy with the results though, and i think worth the wait.

i followed exactly the same path, wanted slot mags but was impossible to source and after seeing kombiporsches polished cookies i was convinced, i have a set sitting ready to be polished and fitted. I actually didnt like them at the start but they really grew on me. I definitely made the right choice after seeing yours 8)

hello i'm from holland and i run a '68 early bay and like it very mutch.

Its lowerd by adjusters in the front and is not narrowed, and 2 splines in the back. Tires on front are 165-80-14 and i the back 185-80-14. Would like to put 165-65-14 on front to drop a little more:)

Attachments

• ad17931_img4_large.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3,091

Latest posts