Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boarder69 said:
hello i'm from holland and i run a '68 early bay and like it very mutch.

Its lowerd by adjusters in the front and is not narrowed, and 2 splines in the back. Tires on front are 165-80-14 and i the back 185-80-14. Would like to put 165-65-14 on front to drop a little more:)

Hi Boarder69
I wouldn't put the 65s on it looks just right.I put a set of 175/65/14s on mine and the tyre to arch clearance is vast,and it makes you want to go lower :) .they make the van go lower by 30mm if I remember right,but also give you an extra 30mm tyre to arch clearance
and being fully down on the adjusters,theres nothing you can do about the
gaping void only Dropped spindles :D

Here's mine 185/65/15 on the rear 175/55/15 front,4.5 drop on a 3 inch narrowed beam,bump steer bushes.Rear down 2 outer splines with notched chassis and spring plates
DSC00671.jpg

Same set up with stock rims 175/65/14 front and 185/14 rear
DSC00734.jpg

Thought id better up date this,the ride with 2 spline on the rear and KYB beetle rear shocks was too harsh and I still got knocking from the A-arms on the chassis :( the slightest pot hole was an arse clenching nightmare :lol:
The notch's id put in the rear chassis where for the drive shaft only ,so to make the best use of this I now have a one spline drop with horse shoe plates and the same KYB beetle shocks. I also ground the little up stand off the bottom of the torsion housing so the spring plate would drop a tad lower,making it easier to remove the wheel......And what a difference this has made :D ,Ive got loads of travel in the rear it feels much smoother over potholes even with the same shocks and a lot quieter :D

DSC01249.jpg

:D

ground hugger said:
boarder69 said:
hello i'm from holland and i run a '68 early bay and like it very mutch.

Its lowerd by adjusters in the front and is not narrowed, and 2 splines in the back. Tires on front are 165-80-14 and i the back 185-80-14. Would like to put 165-65-14 on front to drop a little more:)

Hi Boarder69
I wouldn't put the 65s on it looks just right.I put a set of 175/65/14s on mine and the tyre to arch clearance is vast,and it makes you want to go lower :) .they make the van go lower by 30mm if I remember right,but also give you an extra 30mm tyre to arch clearance
and being fully down on the adjusters,theres nothing you can do about the
gaping void only Dropped spindles :D

Yes i will put them on, but these are new. Bus is only ready for 1 year:) So brand new tires:)
And the dropped spindles are on my want list, only problem will be the 10 mm offsett. So will look to the clearance in front. And the dropped spindles are not ready availble here. But maybe already at slammed pannel.com.
If there are changes, i will post another picture:)

Here's mine

Running wagenswest narrowed beam and dropped spindles with boomerangs in the back. Tyres are Hankook 195/75/14, I think.

DSCF0019.jpg

low_spokes said:
narrowed front, wagenswest horseshoe plates and c notched
running 145 front and 165 rear rides like a caddy :)
019-1.jpg

Hello it is a very nice van. Looks good with the bleu and the chrome weels!!
Is the front with adjusters and spindles??

Greetz Pascal

04102007236.jpg

Stock ride height.... :(

Soon to drop by at least 2.5 inches..... :D

Currently running 215/70 r 14!

Bump what bump?!? :wink:

4 inches at the front and 3ish at the back, running fat 225's all round on stock rims.

Adjustable spring plates coming soon and with smaller front tyres will go much lower 8)

DSC00036-1.jpg

Just collected Patrick (see other threads)

Running creative adjusters with 165/65/15's on the front (I think) and 2 splines lower on the rear running 175/65/15's

L1000998.jpg

nice one graham :) , is this the old volks club bus that was forsale? i was admiring it on another thread. very cool

Not that I'm aware of Johnny, it was imported from Kieft n Klok by the previous owner just under a year ago, originally from Sweden.

i think i was thinking of a different bus, it had gburners too. id love a panel like that 8)

Wasnt one of ours, but blinkin nice tho! :mrgreen:

Keep em coming to this thread and we will have a great selection of what your vans will look like on what tyres etc 8) handy handy!

165/50/15 front dropped with red9 standard beam but am working on a narrowed 2" beam to replace it!
195/60/15 rear with 2 spline drop.

100_232112.jpg

71bay said:
165/50/15 front dropped with red9 standard beam but am working on a narrowed 2" beam to replace it!
195/60/15 rear with 2 spline drop.

100_232112.jpg

i love the 'moodyness' of that pic 8)

cheers, would of been better apart from the meathead i didn't spot walking down the beach! :lol:

Latest posts