Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L1000396.jpg

Heres Hank

1 spline down on the rear and on creative adjusters at the front, wearing 185/65/15's all round

Not an early, but way cooler and affordable :wink:
Down on CSP adjusters. Out back is one outer spline. Running with stock dampers and stock 14" rims with 185R commercial tyres
DSCF1275.jpg

DSCF1278.jpg

I've got a '71 Dormobile which had the flared rear arches but I've now replaced those with the earlier (nicer IMO) versions.

Question is, what tyre size can I now get away with on the BRM's I've got to go on? (van is away being sprayed at the moment, so can't even measure up to make an educated guess).

Graham L said:
L1000396.jpg

Heres Hank

1 spline down on the rear and on creative adjusters at the front, wearing 185/65/15's all round

perfect stance! and on sprints! double perfect!!
nicon_drool.gif

early vs late bay. which ones better? there is only one way to find out.......Fighhhhhhhhhhhhhht!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yes i am an odd ball who lurks here without the 'correct' bus. But to me it doesnt matter as i am not a car snob. This forum is probably the best one around. It helped me learn loads about bus'. Although i still hanker for a tax exempt early with small lights and moon vents, my red bus was such a bargain i couldnt pass on the offer. After all, its only a bit of fun.

keep em coming, no disrespect to anyone, but earlybays only please 8)

rob-stone said:
early vs late bay. which ones better? there is only one way to find out.......Fighhhhhhhhhhhhhht!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yes i am an odd ball who lurks here without the 'correct' bus. But to me it doesnt matter as i am not a car snob. This forum is probably the best one around. It helped me learn loads about bus'. Although i still hanker for a tax exempt early with small lights and moon vents, my red bus was such a bargain i couldnt pass on the offer. After all, its only a bit of fun.

like easy says, no disrespect, we're not snobby, we just like keepin' it Early :D

exactly ^^^^^

I put the stance thread on an earlybay sight to see what stances earlybays would be on different tyre and set up combos. 8) Very useful in the future for setting up your earlybay as you have a point of reference with regards to other vans like yours with different combos.

No other vehicles as it would lose from the idea of the thread. 8)

All is cool in earlybay stance land :wink:

not sure how much its lowered by, its got a fosky adjuster, kyb's on all 4 corners.
185/55/14 fronts and whatever the standard size tires are on the rear!!

home3.jpg

nice stance 8) looks like 70 profile on the back and maybe 205s? 8)

what is the profile of the back tyres ? 70s? 8)

Airtime said:
Not sure, but I think they might be even 80s. They only say 185/R14 on the sides.

beasts! :wink: 8)

These all look super sweet!

I need new tires what would people recommend?

I've just had it dropped 5 inches yesteday 8) and have got stock 14" rims on 80's :shock: at present and it only just fits in the garage so i was looking to get it a tad lower but don't want to effect the top end (is there a top end on a bus :lol: ) or put the speedo way out etc

Thanks Guys i'll post pics of it when i get home tonight! if it stops bloody raining! :evil:

Worth spending the extra pennies on tyres 8) yokohama etc are quality, but you have to go to different makes for the lower profile ones like 45s and even i think 40s :shock:

Latest posts