Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mattd1984, thanks...sent them an email for information couple of days and am waiting for their reply as well. So is it true that the torsion leaves have to be removed? And reliability concerns thus far?

Yes need to remove the leaves. Not really sure why as there on coilovers? Not problem with the kit. Been on now for 8 months probably

EL SANTO said:
what should I do, I´m running 15X5 BRM´s with 195/60R15 on the rear, and the tire is rubbing against the fender

They fit OK just a small clearance, bit of a bugger to remove though. :lol:

sideview004.jpg

Stock beam,dropped 4'' by T2D, with 185/60/14 up front.
2 splines down, notched spring plates with 185/70/14 on the rear

heres mine
IMG_0922.jpg

stock stock stock.
great for the snow

seriously though next year going to go mildly lower maybe 1 spline rear and 2 or 3 inches front. whith 15 inch alloys. and 185/195 55s.

Hi Guys, I love this forum, My name is Kreso and I'm from Croatia, I own T2ab panel and want to buy midland wheels Cosimic or Fuch repro 5x112, Cosmic are 5,5 and fuch (black and polished) i would get 4,5 front and 5,5 rear. Does anyone have some pictures of those wheels (repro 5x112) on bay and if clearance is OK for rear tire 195/65 r15 et on wheels is 20.
Another question is do you have problems with tires that are not for cargo vehicles? like 175/55 r15 from smart because of weight on front.
Thanks.

Grazy said:
Here is mine

100_1186.jpg

100_1189.jpg

Thats for you Sparkywig

2" Narrowed CB Performance Beam , With Adjusters
Dropped Spindles
Adjustable rear springplates
15" Splitty Steel Rims wearing 165/50/15 on front and 185/65/15 on the ass 8)

I love split 15" rims on bays, I just got my set back from the sandblasters, hope to have them
mounted soon. Your setup looks nice.

srfndoc said:
I love split 15" rims on bays, I just got my set back from the sandblasters, hope to have them
mounted soon. Your setup looks nice.

Thanks Dude just changed them !!
100_2435-1.jpg

Hi Dude , its not as good to be honest , kinda lost a bit of my narrow , if you know what i mean !

Might have to change them :lol:

Grazy said:
Hi Dude , its not as good to be honest , kinda lost a bit of my narrow , if you know what i mean !

If you don't change them back, are you thinking about selling the 15"s? :oops: :oops: :oops: :msn4: :sign0006: :confused0068: :shadey:

funny you should ask that! i wrot the same message last night but then deleted it - cos although i really want some split steels - i just cant afford it at the mo!! one day though, i'll join the brotherhood. out of interest what sort of money do a set fetch?
Rob

cunning plan said:
Grazy said:

If you don't change them back, are you thinking about selling the 15"s? :oops: :oops: :oops: :msn4: :sign0006: :confused0068: :shadey:

In the states you can get a set of 4 in good shape for about $200. Then $25 a piece to have
them sandblasted/primered, a few cans of Krylon Dover White and your looking at about $325
out the door. The toughest part is finding a set that isn't tweaked (out of round) and not pitted.
It's not easy to tell without putting them on a balancing machine first.

Hi Cunning , Sold mine last year for £80 Ratty but straight , If thats any help :?

Cheers anyway Grazy, worth a shout..
£80 was about what I was expecting for straight ones, so yep, that helps to confirm 8)

UPDATE -
Red 9 Design coil over conversion, Spax adjustables - 185/60/14 on the front.
Red 9 4'' dropped spring plates, KYB Gas-a-just shocks - 185/70/14 on the rear.

1-2-20113.jpg

veedubt2 said:
UPDATE -
Red 9 Design coil over conversion, Spax adjustables - 185/60/14 on the front.
Red 9 4'' dropped spring plates, KYB Gas-a-just shocks - 185/70/14 on the rear.

1-2-20113.jpg

looking sweet! what load rating are your front tyres - i have the same size in a 82 but i dont reckon its enough for a westy?