U.S import indicator speed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g3gsb

Reaction score
Hi all, got a 71 bay U.S import. Noticed that the indicators are flashing fast. I've checked all the lamps around the bus but can't seem to find out why this would happen. Would it be that the U.S standard is faster flash than the U.K standard? Only had it a few months so it's not been out the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it had any LED conversions or bulbs fitted? They sometimes require resistors

And/or are the front indicators wired up to the 21w side of the double pin bulbs?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift 2 using Tapatalk

karlos, no it's not had the conversion done.

rlepecha, I'll check this. It has had front fog lights fitted in the past. I'll check this also. Just wanted to check if it was American standard

Ive witnessed this before, it turned out to be a worn/old flasher relay unit. Change that and they operated at normal speed again.

Interesting, I'll also have a look at that. I've got the drawings. Thanks Clem [emoji6][emoji106]

Mine did this, had the indicator wired to the wrong spade connector on the indicator housing, I'd connected it to the sidelight pin by accident - resulted in working but fast flash.

Thanks George, I'll have a look at that. I've not had the time to go out to the garage and have a day on the bus for a while, hopefully next week I'll get some time to do a few minor jobs [emoji16]

Turned out to be a cable had come out of the connector

Latest posts