Uber Cool-68 Westy Cal import LHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Uber, it is great to see someone making this look simple 8) When we all know the amount of head scratching involved :mrgreen:

Done some more today. trimmed the rear valance and cut and folded it to match the engine bay valance. Finshed off the rear engine mount. Cut a hole for the dry sump tank and test fit of the tank, which seems ok.

Also removed the engine to do some work on it.
porscheengine047.jpg

porscheengine048.jpg

porscheengine050.jpg

porscheengine052.jpg

porscheengine053.jpg

mate i really like what you did with the removable valance. what are you going to do with regards to the engine tinwear or is the valance a tight enough if?

also mate, are you putting a brace bar to mouth the gearbox bell housing off like the crossovers and late bays have??

NaFe

Hey....ever thought of either marketing those custom parts to fit the 911 engine or offer your services to transplant 911s? I'm sure a few of us would be interested!

Haveacamper said:
mate i really like what you did with the removable valance. what are you going to do with regards to the engine tinwear or is the valance a tight enough if?

also mate, are you putting a brace bar to mouth the gearbox bell housing off like the crossovers and late bays have??

NaFe
I need to make some tinware for the rear of the engine and some small bits for the side of the rocker covers.

Yes once the engine is back in going to make another mount off the late bay gearbox bellhousing to the chassis.

vanagonman said:
Hey....ever thought of either marketing those custom parts to fit the 911 engine or offer your services to transplant 911s? I'm sure a few of us would be interested!
Could be an option, between me and 2 mates we have an anglia with a toyota engine, a 66 vw Ghia with a 2L passat engine and my 911 camper.

Also have cut down modifed cars for motorsport that look like mini mokes (Polo and Golf) and my bay trailer (see gallery on EB)

We dont do standard :mrgreen:

uber cool said:
Haveacamper said:

NaFe
I need to make some tinware for the rear of the engine and some small bits for the side of the rocker covers.

Yes once the engine is back in going to make another mount off the late bay gearbox bellhousing to the chassis.

cool. just looking at the last page again, it looks like you have a later bell housing with the lugs for mounting to brace bar. you going to use the later bay brace bar or are you going to make you custom fit brace? i'll be interested as i may be changing my shell that my engine goes into.

Haveacamper- first got the engine 18 month ago. then I had a crossover, hence why I have this bellhousing. Sort of like you situ I realised the camper around the engine would not be as good as I woudl like.

Not going to fit a full OG crossover member, as that would require too much body work mods. Havent got a solution as yet :roll: , but when I do i'll post photo here.