Uber Cool-68 Westy Cal import LHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok stripped as far as i'm going. Next hone bores, new rings, rebuild heads etc.

How neat with 6 individual heads! :mrgreen:
porscheengine004-1.jpg

porscheengine006-2.jpg

porscheengine005-1.jpg

Uber great work! Not read it b4 :roll: cracking bus you have there, seat belts are a stroke of genius...........wish i had the skills to do the same. funny how the Porker lump does actually slot in! how cool is that 8)

Watching with interest...

Just

sitting here today off work with bad tooth ache feeling s--t ,just read through your post and i must say did make me feel a lot better seeing your work mate well done and keep posting its great ;)

Cheers guys :mrgreen:

Parts ordered waiting for delivery, :cry:

Engine all stripped ready for rebuild :mrgreen:
I have fitted an electric washer pump and getting ready for the MOT

Jesus, where is the time flying too? Its March already. :shock:

Anyway parts arrived :p
Also been for an MOT and Passed, so back on the road with the 1600cc fitted.

Stripped, honed and cleaned the barrels. Fitted new rings to the pistons. Bought a copy of a Dremel from Aldi for £17 :p So next up is port and polishing the heads and valves. Hope to have it fitted and running for Standford Hall. Hopefully the trailer finished as well.
porscheengine056.jpg

porscheengine059.jpg

porscheengine062.jpg

looking good there mate. hoping to fire mine up soon so if i buy a bus soon i have the wiring etc all sorted to swap over. o ye, and modify the engine bay again for all the stuff :). thinking of getting a custom oil tank and remote oil filter made to make it all look a bit cleaner looking.

Keep up the good work

NaFe

looks bad ass mate, really like what you've done so far, and with a porker engine should be awesome.

whats the ride quality like with the read 9 kit? i'm in two minds whether to get one.

Austin said:
looks bad ass mate, really like what you've done so far, and with a porker engine should be awesome.

whats the ride quality like with the read 9 kit? i'm in two minds whether to get one.

the ride is good, with variable dampers and if you want you can change the spring poundage, as they are 2 1/4" springs as used on most race/rally cars. Although I've stuck with what came in the kit and not had any problems. Also Simon at Red9 is very helpful if you have any problems.

Started to lap the valves in but the seats are badly pitted. So borrowed this retro valve seat cutter off a friend.
porscheengine068.jpg

First you cut the angle of the seat you need on to a grinding stones using this tool.
porscheengine066.jpg

Then you slide this expanding post in the valve guide
porscheengine067.jpg

Then slide the stone over it and spin the angled stones with the supplied drill at 11,000rpm :shock:
porscheengine069.jpg

Cool, they dont make tools like this nowadays :mrgreen:

Then finished off with a bit of hand lapping
porscheengine070.jpg

Tada :mrgreen: finished head, only got 5 more to do :roll:
porscheengine072.jpg

porscheengine071.jpg

porscheengine074.jpg

they look a lot better than when I stripped them down
100_2317.jpg