Uber Cool-68 Westy Cal import LHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tik-Tock :msn4:

The way this engine is going end up looking I think you will have to go for a see-through engine lid :mrgreen:

Loving that wall clock!!!! :lol:

oh...the engine looks the bollox too!!

Haveacamper said:
awesome clock!!!! if you told me about it i would say its over the top, but seeing it in that photo is pretty cool
It really was one of those 30 second ideas. We ( me and famnehbatter) was stood in the garage between paint coats drying. I said do you want this old clock he said take the mechanism out and drill a hole in the engine lid already on the wall. 30 seconds later hole drill lid back up. Slightly cheesey, however both items were nearly on the bin, but combined together work really well.

You're going to love the useable HP that 911 engine gives the bus. I did a 2.7 conversion with the 915 trans and love it!

normal_normal_speed-e_004.jpg

May17-7~0.jpg

GeoffP said:
You're going to love the useable HP that 911 engine gives the bus. I did a 2.7 conversion with the 915 trans and love it!

normal_normal_speed-e_004.jpg

May17-7~0.jpg
[/quot

that's got me even more excited, very nice install :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But still waiting for the bloody parts I ordered last Tuesday :(

Looking Good Andy. Cant wait to come &
have a butchers. Loving the colours..

Are you gonna take it to Volksworld if its ready?
andymac...

:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: NEWS FLASH UPDATE, IT RUNS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

After an 11 hour shift in the garage today, its up and running. We made a test rig using the MSD and electric fuel pump (and an old shelf). Primed the oil tank with 9 litres of oil :shock:

Cranked it over with the coil disconnected, got good oil pressure straight away. :mrgreen:

101_0190.jpg

101_0189.jpg

101_0188.jpg

101_0187.jpg

Connected the coil and the first video clip of it splittering into life to follow soon, well at least once its downloaded onto photobucket.

1st start up of engine, not bad considering its only running on 3 or 4 cylinders!!!
Think the carbs might need a clean or setting up properly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0BWnsBgckk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tried to embed the video but given up after hours of trying :(

Not bad when you consider when I got the engine it had sat on various garage floors and sheds for 10 years+. Then I've had to source parts froms USA (good old internet), or use alternatives, like the oil scrapper rings (piston rings) are off a Germany v6 ford, the points are off a Fiat 124 and the condensor off a Hillman avenger.
Must say that the MSD7 sure packs a mighty spark, I'll have to get a video of that up, but if you get a belt off it, it sure hurts. :shock:

Budget wise its cost less than a recon 1641cc engine, or in simple words cost me approx £1500 including buying the engine. I've done this mainly by waiting and searching for the right part at the right money (many a late night on the internet search US website and ebay), all it took was lots of waiting time! ok, maybe a little slow at 2 years but i'm getting there.

Haveacamper, still have plenty to do, need to get it running smooth before fitting to the camper, then have a little tinware to mod and sort out the clutch interface, but should be running sooner than later. Thank god for points and carbs, I can sort this, fuel injection and mapped ignitions are too complicated for me.

Just watched the full 29 seconds of the vid and hats off to ya 8)

Love the thumbs up you give - made it more watchable :D