Unhelpful M plate decoder. Can EB members beat it?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodgins

Reaction score
I've just used the decoder to try and see which paint code my white paint is as I could do with a rattle can to blow in a few bits to tidy it up. It wasn't very helpful :?

It's a late Oct '69/ early 1970's tintop lhd westy bay. Does anyone have any better idea of paint codes than the decoder please? :)

Look through this:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pleased to say all the pretty buses decoder has turned up trumps :mrgreen:

Glad you found the information in the end but dont forget all of these decoders have been put together usually by private individuals that dont charge for you to use it and lots of data is missing on special paint codes etc, saying 'it wasnt very helpful' is really doing an injustice to people that have spent time collating the data in the first place.

The paint code you are referring to isnt covered in the transporter spec guide which is counted as a bit of a 'bible' when it comes to decoding M Code plates, perhaps its worth sharing with the information to the original M Code plate decoder you tried so everyone can benefit.

Well worded Graham. I hadn't realised. It's easy to assume it was some sort of computer algorythm. :oops:

How would I share the info to the decoder?

Latest posts