van cover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splod77

Reaction score
hi the time has come to replace my van cover has anyone tried the new jk one? or is there a better option?
thanks paul

Do a search Paul. There are 8 threads a year about covers. General consensus is JK ones are shit.

Heard these are good

http://coveryourcar.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=16881&cat=407&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not got one myself , ive got a shite JK one !!! :oops:

I got one of those ^
You will need to reinforce the clip webbing a bit as they can tear there in strong winds, just get the misses to ad a load more stitching to it. Fits well and was fine for what I needed out of it. Remember to take off every week or so to let the thing dry out.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

I've got a maypole cover, really pleased with it, survived all winter and fits better than it looks in the adverts.

I 'had' an Air-Cooled VW Typhoon Car Cover. Unfortunately after 3.5 winters it started to rip so now does not stay on the van. Seemed more like UV damage than stress on the seams. Until it ripped it was great, my van was always dry on the inside.

Very heavy weight, and I cannot fault its toughness, packs away quite small too.

Waterproof Vinyl Outer Layer
Ultra Soft Inner Lining
5 Year Warranty

http://www.mamotorworks.com/VW/product/bus-typhoon-car-cover_317933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Down side $199!

Might have to check out that 5 year warranty..

UPDATE:
Thanks to this post kicking me into action. Looks like my cover is still covered by the 5 year warranty.

Reply from the supplier.
"You are indeed still covered under the 5 year warranty. A replacement cover will be sent out immediately. We ask that you keep in mind that this new cover will only be covered under the original warranty which will expire in November".

Very pleased indeed.

Hi - I tried a stormforce cover a couple of years a ago - I didnt get on with it as it was too "short" in my opinion and only having straps that go side to side meant that in the wind the front and rear would ride up over the bumpers - it actually pulled off one of my cab step rubbers so I sent it back. (excellent customer service - no problems getting a refund)

I have recently bought one of the new JK delux ones - I have to say it is very good (I know the standard ones get a bad review).. It is the same fancy material as the stormforce one but also has a front to back strap as well as the across straps. It is also that extra bit longer and has access flaps to sliding door and front doors which are really usefull.

Bare in mind I have a tintop. I would recomend the JK one. Only downside to it is that it doesnt come with a storage bag and is quite a big lump to store when not using it.

Hope this helps! ;)

Hi, I had a JK one that made the paintwork on the roof develope micro blisters over winter time. I don't use a cover anymore. I use Collinite 476 wax and a screen,tailgate cover from Bromsgrove auto trimmers. Loads better Q :)

Latest posts