van hoildays

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimthebin

Reaction score
dear all

thinking of giving my van a break and cheating a little and going on holiday in the sun in a van but hiring one when i get to the country

has any one done this and got any recommendations

many thanks

JTB

theres a company in portugal http://www.siestacampers.com/index2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there was a guy on here setting up in spain but he was having problems and I'm not sure how it panned out in the end

Yeh Ive done that in Australia where I hired hightop Toyota, couldnt find any VWs, drove up the east coast Sidney to Cairns .Left it there, flew to Alice Springs ,hired another Toyota drove out to Airs Rock and then onto Kings Creek.Cant give you any help with where to hire as it was 10 years ago now ,but it was easy to organise using the net.
Did similar in San Francisco,stayed a few nights in the big youth hostel in the centre of the city then hired a T25 Westy,toured around California .On both occasions had no problems, had a great time and found the people really friendly as soon as they heard my accent :lol:
It doesnt have to cost a fortune,with budget flights, youth hostels and self catering.Definitely beats holiday camps and and Spanish Hotels.

Latest posts