VDO Volt connections

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raveboy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Ex Microbus
Gonna put my VDO 12V gauge in tomorrow but where do I connect it to? I want it to show that the charging
circuit is working so do I put it accross the contacts of the dynamo (Unregulated) or directly onto the regulator?

Cheers all
Raver :party0046:

Anyone ?? How have you connected your gauges up ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:party0046:

is it just a volt meter ie battery condition indicator,then it just goes ignition live and earth and back lighting i would feed of side lights from light switch.

Hi 67p,

I wanted it to show the charging level so that I know the dynamo is working. I was thinking that
if I put it on the battery side of the regulator it would only show 12V the whole time and be on
constantly which is why I thought about putting it accross the dynamo connections. ?????
Am I way of of left field here or is that what I should be doing.

Post note - I think I may be talking crap. I just looked at the output of a standard reg and it's 12-14V
so I guess if I put it on that side it will tell me thw charge level that is going to the battery !! I think :shock: :shock:

Latest posts