Vehicle Tracker tk103b - best place to hide them?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Termite

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought one of these trackers off of ebay with all the gubbins to wire up. Has anybody else got one of these? Did it work ok? If you have got one, where did you hide it?

I think it's probably best if you PM me where you found it best to hide it rather than post it on here. If you do pm me, I promise I won't come round nick your van! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Termite.

If you get this to work, do tell how you managed it.

I gave up after spending £20 on mobile credit and managing to get bugger all response from it. Biggest pile of poo I have bought in ages. :evil:

I hope you have better luck. :D

Kev

Great, fills me full of confidence! :lol:

I'm going to try and bench test it tonight if it's got enough charge in it. Otherwise will have to wire it up first to give it a charge. Don't plan on hiding it until I know it's working.

They can have their quirks, that said the one I have works perfectly. You need to make sure the admin number is in the correct format and that any invalid ones have been deleted. Let me know if you struggle and I will try to help. If you have an android phone I am (slowly!) developing an app, there is a thread in general if you want to try it

Cheers mate. I've downloaded your app already, so once I've got it set up I will give the app a try and give you any feedback.

Well I've tested the tracker and it appears to work ok on a bench test and driving around in the car. The app works well now I have downloaded the latest version.

For those of you that do have them, did you wire it to the main battery or leisure battery?
Does it use much power? Would you be worried about it running down the starter battery?

I am planning on running mine from a relay so it is on the leisure battery when the ignition is off but switches to the ignition feed when it's turned on.

Oh and if anyone reading this has a non functioning TK103 can you let me know, my dog ate the wiring harness of mine so I'm after a replacement :roll:

Latest posts