Very Tight Fitting Scat Pulley

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B

Reaction score
I got the solid billet Scat pulley to go on. But it's well tight i.e. Can only get it in the few mm even when heated up with boiling water.

I don't want want smack it on with with hammer, and I also don't know if I'd need the spacer washer that comes with it yet either. Was hoping to get the van running today!!

Any suggestions? Otherwise I think I'm going to buy just a standard one and do it in t week.

I only got this one as standard ones bend too easily when removing and this seeemed t be more solid.

Cheers

The standard ones only bend if you pull it using the outside of the pulley rather than the slots near the centre.

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

WHS - but I think you know that by now.

From your previous thread it could be that you have a non-standard crank in your engine. I remember a batch of cranks years ago with the pulley end about 2 thou oversize - we had to machine them down to get pulleys to fit. Suggest you mike the end of yours and check with stock sizes. You can easily get someone to take a thou or so off the inside of your scat pulley so it fits properly. They are not usually tight.

BJ1 said:
WHS - but I think you know that by now.

From your previous thread it could be that you have a non-standard crank in your engine. I remember a batch of cranks years ago with the pulley end about 2 thou oversize - we had to machine them down to get pulleys to fit. Suggest you mike the end of yours and check with stock sizes. You can easily get someone to take a thou or so off the inside of your scat pulley so it fits properly. They are not usually tight.

Ah, just the news I was looking for - many thanks.

I have ordered a standard pulley now, just to get it ticking away, hopefully that should fit, if not, then I think I have the reason why.

Thanks again pal.

Latest posts