VW SVDA Accuspark Electronic Distributor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazmidas

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Does anyone have any experience / advice about the "SVDA Accuspark Electronic Distributor"?

I am looking to replace my 009 as I run a single Weber 32/36 - so need to get back to having vacuum advance.

Regards
Gareth

I had 2
1st leaked oil up the shaft

Replacement was fine , customer service was ok , they blamed the leaky one on my engine ( not the case ) after trying various others borrowed from friends and my spare cheap points one ( i carry in case of emergency/breakdown ) they agreed to exchange so sent me out a new body , was fine after that , but curve doesn't seem the same as first, could just be me though not timing it the same.

For the money i think there great , personally ill probably go Powerspark next time (just to try/see difference ) , unless the money fairies align then id probably go Petronix .

Chico

Thanks!

I am contemplating to go down the twin carb route in the future, so I dont want to spend a fortune on a vac advanced dizzy just for the summer.

The Accuspark seems a good deal as they appear to be the same price as a new points dizzy from the main suppliers.

Gareth

AFAIK its the same generic repro dizzy most VW retailers sell, with the accuspark in it.

Best route would be a good genuine or used dizzy then fit the accuspark to that

But I intend going down the new route, just as I don't have a nice old dizzy

Repro one on my bug was fine.

Has accuspark units on my old classics with no issues

I have put a few "wanted" adds out there for a used original dizzy but haven't managed to find one as yet.

Sounds like the Accuspark will be a good option to start with. Will then upgrade when I go down the twin carb route after the winter rebuild :)

Gareth

I had a problem with the curve not advancing enough. If you buy one then set it at idea and check at higher speed.

In the end I bought a 123 dizzy and happy with it (cost a lot more, but you can get them from Netherlands cheaper than in uk)

They're shite.
The first one I had didn't advance consistently, and the replacement had a bent baseplate and a fixing screw missing, so that didn't work either.
I ended up fitting a 123 vacuum distributor and it hasn't needed resetting since fitting. Consistent advance right through the rev range every time.
You get what you pay for.

I have just fitted one, seems fine, although I do have oil in my engine bay now, pretty sure it's leaking from the new dizzy, going to get one of the 123 dizzy a next

[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com

Hmmm interesting...

I am seeing a lot more negatives than positives on the Accuspark dizzy! This is pointing me back to the points / condenser dizzy that you can get from machine7 for around £55, as it is purely for the summer:

http://www.machine7.com/product.php?xProd=11946&xSec=159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alternatively does anyone run a vac advance with twin carbs? is that an option? if it was then I could justify buying a good quality electronic dizzy with vac advance as it would not just be a temporary component.

Regards
Gareth

The quality on these Chinese/Taiwan dizzies is rapidly going downhill, so it's hit or miss whether you get a good one. Looked at a bus a couple of weeks ago that was running like a dog, to find that the brand new Accuspark dizzy had a hole in the vac diaphragm! Don't be fooled by thinking that the points version of these is any better - I've had a few apart recently with manufacturing faults. I'm guessing that the assembly plant is now employing 6 year olds instead of early teens.

Having said that, if you get a good one, they seem to be fine. But check out the advance using a timing gun, before hammering off down the motorway.

If you can get hold of a Bosch original dizzy, then put your electronic ignition in that, hearing even replacement points are poor quality now.

Latest posts