• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted 1600 SP engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grazzer

Reaction score
Anyone got a decent running 1600 SP I can use for a stopgap while I try to work out why my newly rebuild block sounds like a bag of spanners? Preferably close to Oxford please!

Hi,

I haven't got a spare engine but I'd be interested to know what the engine noise turns out to be. I rebuilt mine recently, it's not as quiet as I'd hoped... maybe my expectations were too high!

Cheers

A

D-FENS said:
Hi,

I haven't got a spare engine but I'd be interested to know what the engine noise turns out to be. I rebuilt mine recently, it's not as quiet as I'd hoped... maybe my expectations were too high!

Cheers

A
We having a problem nowadays with crank gear sizes, when from factory they had sizes ra ging -7 until +7; but most cams today seems to have the gear worn and it's quite difficult to find one that is tight. The other day i tried 6 different cams i have from my stash until i found one that was tight. If you leave too much backlash it makes an awful noise.
Abel

Latest posts