• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Back plate Rear Leftside

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kleinbusRonnie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello

I'm looking for a single anchor plate for an early earlybay (68-69).
For the rear
Only need one for the left side, but if you don't want to split a set up, then I'll buy both. :D

Interested in any usable condition.

I can pay via paypal, if thats ok.

Cheers
Ronnie
Copenhagen
mobile: +45 52189962
mail: [email protected]

Well i'll guess i mean backing plates. :p

As we are doing this conversion on my friends splitty using earlybay parts, and already got the bearing houses from a 68 bus, then i thought we could only use the backing plates from 68 and 69.
Actually we can convert a split backing plate to be used on the 68 bearing house, so that is the back-up plan.

But i think i will try to look at a late bay back plate and compare it to the earlybay back plate we have for the right side.

We are using this kit for the A arms:
http://www.boxwagen.co.uk/index.php/products/category/224/32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is really nice stuff to work with.

I'm glad my 68 westy already have this irs as standard !
But when we are all done, it will be interesting to compare the ride quality on my friends irs splitty, my own straight axled splitty and my almost org earlybay.

And yes..it seems impossible to buy such an early backing plate..so it would be nice if we just could use a late bay one.

R.

Latest posts