• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED Dormobile cutlery draw.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyandvic

Reaction score
I've seen some Dormobile with and without a cutlery draw. Mine doesn't so I'm looking to cut one in.

I could have a go at making one.

Can anyone give me the measurements and some pics please?

The ones without a drawer did actually have one though it was a tray which I think was essentially the same bit that had a front screwed to it to make the slide in and out type. This tray sat under the cool box lid on the right hand side. From what I have seen, it seems to be mostly 71 models that had this type. I will take some measurements of mine for you at the weekend when I am back at home if that helps.

FS

Hi andyandvic

Just measured my drawer and have some pics which I wil post tomorrow.

The drawer opening is a 158mm x 50mm rectangle cut out of a larger oval shape - pics will make this clearer tomorrow.

Drawer runs along a rail which attached to the back wall of the cupboard units with a guide attached to the back of the drawer. The drawer itself is 156mm wide, 360mm long and 50mm high. The drawer has four compartments, starting from the right is a full length third width channel, back left is a square compartment with two further rectangle compartments to the front, compartments are wroughly 45mm wide. The oval front of the drawer is approx 140mm high and 250mm wide.

Will post pics in the morning to clear this up.

Cheers
Andy

Fortunate Son said:
The ones without a drawer did actually have one though it was a tray which I think was essentially the same bit that had a front screwed to it to make the slide in and out type. This tray sat under the cool box lid on the right hand side. From what I have seen, it seems to be mostly 71 models that had this type. I will take some measurements of mine for you at the weekend when I am back at home if that helps.

FS

Interesting, never seen one of those. Mine is a 71.

Cheers

'71 Dorma said:
Hi andyandvic

Just measured my drawer and have some pics which I wil post tomorrow.

The drawer opening is a 158mm x 50mm rectangle cut out of a larger oval shape - pics will make this clearer tomorrow.

Drawer runs along a rail which attached to the back wall of the cupboard units with a guide attached to the back of the drawer. The drawer itself is 156mm wide, 360mm long and 50mm high. The drawer has four compartments, starting from the right is a full length third width channel, back left is a square compartment with two further rectangle compartments to the front, compartments are wroughly 45mm wide. The oval front of the drawer is approx 140mm high and 250mm wide.

Will post pics in the morning to clear this up.

Cheers
Andy

FANTASTIC.

Cheers Dorma

Pics as promised, hope these help:

Attachments

• Cutlery drawer length.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 309
  • Cutlery drawer width.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 309
Further pics...

Attachments

• Cutlery drawer opening.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Cutlery drawer rear.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 302
Dorma thank you very much for doing this.

Looks easy enough to put together.

Latest posts