• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted-lever for heat exchanger to body

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggyXO

Reaction score
As above ,my van has no heat because my connectors are missing,not even sure what they look like,but the bit that,the lever on the heat exchanger connects to.thanks :D

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/t2-bay-window/111298101a-heater-cable-clamp-kit-for-beetle-t2-and-t25-j10323.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mmmm....I am not the greatest expert on this but I fitted one of the cable connectors shown on the link I sent you earlier last weekend and the arm on the heat flap must pull towards the front to open and allow heat in to the heater tube going to the front of the bus. The levers you need to connect to are on the outer sides of the housing (I.e closest to the wheel) on both sides, there is another lever on the end of the same rod which I think is for a spring (which I don't have) and I wonder if this is what you are getting confused with? It may be worth having a look at the pictures on VW Heritage of the heat exchangers to see if you have not lost any levers. Phew.....hope that makes some kind of sense!

I think Shaggy has heat exchangers from a beetle that require a bit of modifying for a bay operation ... put a piccy of what you have in tect & i'm sure someone will advise on a "how to"

Latest posts