Welaxoyl

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko_1982

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just bought a 72 bay window which needs a fair amount of work (as can be expected of a 40 year old!!) and was wondering what the general thoughts of spraying waxoyl on the underside of the van are.

Should I use a wire brush & take the flakey rust off and then apply the waxoyl? or do the more experienced campervan enthusiasts believe there are other products which should be used instead of waxoyl?

Thanks guys

Hi Nicko

Waxoyle is a good product. Good idea to spray it on the underside of your bus. Even better idea to get it into the inside of all the box sections too!

Cheers

Simon

Thanks simon.

Just looking for a bit of clarification on the term 'box sections'

I'm looking to spray the underneath of the van next weekend.

Waxoyl is often used in the same way that the word 'Hoover' is used for vacuum cleaner or 'biro' for pen. It works but there are more advanced products out there now such as the bolt & hamber range.I found hammerite brand waxoyl dries out & cracks.there is another product called waxoyl but a different logo and product that is profesionally available only & needs licensed outlets.

The hammerite stuff you can buy in Halfords will protect your bus though!

Check out 'frost' website for a selection.

Hth

Hi

"Box Sections" just refers to any hollow structure on the bus, Most of the rust that kills our buses comes from the inside of these. A good coat of Waxoyle inside the box section will stop this, or certainly slow it up as much as possible!

cheers

simon

If you look under the bus you will find a series of drain holes, with a wax injection kit like this:
http://www.fishermotorfactors.co.uk/wax-injection-gun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
you can go through the drain holes to spray a mist of waxoyl inside the chassis rails, sills, doors etc

Just make sure when your finished that the drain holes are clear of blockages.

A good tip for spraying waxoyl is warm it up first, put it on a radiator (with the cap removed!) for an hour or so before you use it

Latest posts