Well done Wales :-)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THAT was arguably the best game of rugby I've ever seen! Wales were epic from the first to the last whistle. No complaints from me!

Well done to the Slambusters!

Fantastic result, the only problem for me is that my job is to encourage schools to offer a wider range of sports and this will fuel the Traditionalist Welsh PE Teacher who thinks there is only one sport in Wales. Nothing against the sport but rugby turns a lot of children off sport when over taught.

I think England had the ability to play a much closer game. Had Tuilagi caught that first ball he would have been in, then on a 3 on 1 overlap in second he decided to go crash ball rather than take the hit and pass. The scrum issues throughout the 6N needs looking at, the new rulings do not work and I don't for a second believe that at international level Wales were 'destroying' Englands scrum the way that it was perceived.

I think in general the 6N this year has been pretty poor, the standard of the pitches at the early part of the tournament left something to desire and the weather played a massive part in the styles of rugby that could be played.

I am Welsh, was screaming at the tv and loved the win, but I think England showed promise, a few bad decisions left them unable to score when it was needed but their defence was outstanding. Wales got up to the 5 metre line and could not smash through which shows the commitment of the English team.

I look forward to the next RWC, to see how England develop their team and to see if Wales can use this built up momentum to keep going. I worry that the likes of Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins might be a touch old then to play tournament rugby, but we can hope because Adam Jones is by far one of the best props in the world.

faux said:
Fantastic result, the only problem for me is that my job is to encourage schools to offer a wider range of sports and this will fuel the Traditionalist Welsh PE Teacher who thinks there is only one sport in Wales. Nothing against the sport but rugby turns a lot of children off sport when over taught.

Use Swansea City to get them into football.. Everyone loves the way they play at the moment, then you have the Bluebirds who look like they are coming to join us next season...

superfunkyfresh said:
faux said:

Use Swansea City to get them into football.. Everyone loves the way they play at the moment, then you have the Bluebirds who look like they are coming to join us next season...

My point is that PE is not about being good at sport.....we have plenty of clubs etc that do that. PE is about learning in a physical environment. It is about, planning, developing and reflecting - enhancing communication skills, thinking skills and problem solving etc. Too many teachers use PE to get their rugby team or football team, concentrating on the minority rather than the whole class. Good quality experiences to generate a physically literate future.

Wow, that was deep!!!

Oh and Swansea are rocking it up.....

Latest posts