well.....It was good while it lasted!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
With a heavy heart I thought it time to tell you that I've done something I've never thought would happen....I've sold Doris!

Its a Familiar story...For a while now we've been wanting to move home....to cut a long story short,I've been doing the best I can to scrape together a deposit but it just can't happen quick enough.sold this, sold that but still needed a big chunk to put down otherwise,I'm getting older & don't want to leave it too late. After looking at all the options,Doris was the last bit of capital I had.....it came down to a choice = a suitable home for my family or an early bay sitting on the drive for most of the year.

The good news is, she has gone to live with Jen in Brum and it's clear Jen fell in love with Doris from day one,so she will be looked after I know! Don't think Jen has registered on here yet but I'm sure she will!

So I won't be as active as I have been.In part, because its a bit painful to be honest,we all know they're more than a vehicle,however I'll still be keeping an eye on things here.So this isn't good bye,..... just.....catch you in a bit!! everyone I've met from earlybay has been a pleasure to meet, so keep it up - its by far the best forum I've ever been part of!

Still happy to provide my fog brackets & rear light repair panels & my for sale thread will still be active.My plan is to get a house sorted, then in a few years get another air cooled VW, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it! :cry: :)

Kind Regards - Rob

:(
Unfortunately you NEED a family home!!
Campervans are a bit of a luxury, if you can call them that? :?

Ah thats sad after all the work you have done but understandable. I hope all goes well for you and the family in the new house and you win the lotto and can buy all the early bays you want. Good Luck x x x

Hi Rob
Good luck with the house move. It wil be worth it :)

Hope to hear that you have another Aircooled on the driveway soon

All the best

Pete.

Tough decision! We may be in the same situation this time next year but I'm doing all I can to try and avoid it. Somewhere for your family to live has to take top priority though! Hopefully it wont be too long until you get something new :)

Sorry to hear your news but you'll be back soon, I am sure.

Good luck with the house buying. :D

Good luck with the sensible house purchase - just look at it as a temporary hiatus between bus ownership

You will be back with another cracker in the future 8)

Sorry to hear that Rob. I watched your posts with great interest as a fellow dormobile owner. I admire the effort you put in. I am also trying to move and the cash i had aside for my van is being swallowed up, so a long battlenon the cheap to keep rust at bay. I'm sure you'll be back soon. Glad to year Doris went to a good home.

Dave

Dude, that's harsh, but reality bites sometimes... Really sorry to hear that you were faced with the only option that was to sell your van...

Please stick around, we kinda like having you here!

Good luck Rob,
I'm fairly new to the VW van scene but followed your posts and learnt a hell of lot in a short time... :p

Good luck to you and yours

All the best

Mike

Latest posts